Macgregor MT Tourney R58

maxodeez

I just got my hands on a set of Macgregor MT Tourney R58 irons but cant find any information on them what so ever. Does anyone know the history of these clubs? They are satin and was told they were manufactured in Japan. They don't seem to be more than a few years old. The heads look similar to a Titleist 690mb's. I talked to a Macgregor rep and he had no idea what they were.

Hey did you just get these on ebay? If so, I almost grabbed them as well. If not... they just sold on ebay for $120 or so...I forget exactly.

I have 4 Japan MacGregor sets. Two VIP remakes - that copy the 67 -68 models ane Tourney Muscle II and another Tourney that is a copy of the 69 Tourney - but with modern touches. All are satin. Don Kilkenny @ MacGregor told me MacGregor owned 25% of a company in Japan. I am trying to find out when and if these are high end or what.

Its sad that MacGregor has so much history and they are *&^$% clueless today.

I have heard Japan items are usually high quality...but it seems they collected heavily in the past and there are all these sets made for that market.

I did just buy another set from a guy in Hi. - a Japan MacGregor - and he has another set available. It has Nicklaus' name, Custom Limited, and is a copy of the 985s or Norman Signatures - if you are familiar with those. They are new with face plastic and would go for about $240 + shipping. Contact me if you need info. [email protected]

Good luck. ALSO let me know how you like your set.

Hey did you just get these on ebay? If so, I almost grabbed them as well. If not... they just sold on ebay for $120 or so...I forget exactly.

I have 4 Japan MacGregor sets. Two VIP remakes - that copy the 67 -68 models ane Tourney Muscle II and another Tourney that is a copy of the 69 Tourney - but with modern touches. All are satin. Don Kilkenny @ MacGregor told me MacGregor owned 25% of a company in Japan. I am trying to find out when and if these are high end or what.

Its sad that MacGregor has so much history and they are *&^$% clueless today.

I have heard Japan items are usually high quality...but it seems they collected heavily in the past and there are all these sets made for that market.

I did just buy another set from a guy in Hi. - a Japan MacGregor - and he has another set available. It has Nicklaus' name, Custom Limited, and is a copy of the 985s or Norman Signatures - if you are familiar with those. They are new with face plastic and would go for about $240 + shipping. Contact me if you need info. [email protected]

Good luck. ALSO let me know how you like your set.