The Great Experiment

BJL

After consulting with the great Joe Kwok, we have come up with a great experiment. I am purchasing a nice set of retail TM 300 Forged. Joe is going put a custom grind on the sole, topline and toe. Then, he'll ship them off to a custom plater for double nickel satin finish. Total customization.

Joe: Will can you take pictures during the various stages for posting on TSG?

Should be awesome. Who needs the Lehman Box Toes! :laugh:

Keep ya' posted....

Great Idea!

I did it with a set of 670s. Got a better sole grind & leading edge altered and had the whole set finished in satin. Then blueprinted with Project X :surprize:

I have full confident on this project. The only thing i need to make sure is that the plater will do a good job. That is the only thing i can't control and kept on complaining for years.

I've done custom grinding completely from ground zero quite a bit, but always not quite that happy w/ the plater. So hopefully this time they can get them right how i want them to be.

THX!

Joe

Below is the set i did a couple years ago.

custom-grind1

custom-grind2

custom-grind3

BJL,

You're utterly neurotic. Why don't you put a custom grind on that crime against the environment you call a car?  :money:  

You need a set of Cleveland Launcher irons. That might at least get you shooting in the 80's again.

Big talk from a guy who has beaten me only once in 2003-2004! :surprize: You'll get a special beating on Sunday... and then you can suck on my V-12's fumes.

JBL is a hoe, you're right he should be arrested!! with a driver swing speed of 95mph, oh sorry I mean 105mph down wind....  :-) So why not throw in his third set of irons in a month :money:  :money:  :money:

Agameplayer:

Take that gimpy thing that you call a knee, and try and chase down the next bad guy that troubles D.C. :spit: I feel MUCH safer knowing that you are warming some stool at Krispy Kreme eating a nice glazed one.

BTW: We are playing Shadow Lakes on Sunday and still need a 4th. So call me.

JBL is a hoe, you're right he should be arrested!! with a driver swing speed of 95mph, oh sorry I mean 105mph down wind....  :-) So why not throw in his third set of irons in a month :money:  :money:  :money:
OMG! Don't even start it w/ the worst litigator in town. W/ 105 ss at a perfect angle and perfect timing on a perfect day, you'll hear it till your ears drop. :surprize:

Shall his round white ball never pass us again, so we don't hear it till our ears fall off. :laugh:

BTW, That V 12 is pulling his wallet when he put it to the floor but he still can ho like the way he is now, AMAZING!!!! :-D

:whistle:

Testy, testy, counselor. Truth be told, it's depressing to think that one can spend an entire life playing this game just to get to a single digit hcp then one day, just start shooting in the 90's again.

What is the opposite of someone who is an "inspiration"?

BTW, I'm sure the Germans appreciate your patronage. Go get yourself a Toyota and a Fiat and complete the collection.

When you sell those clubs that Joe will work soooo hard to create, I hope you at least get a good price.

Oh, and thank you for finally admitting that you've lost to me. I bet you can sleep better now. Like the joke about the lawyers at the bottom of a lake, "it's a good start".

"Denny Crane" :yuk:

• 2 weeks later...
Before and After?  How about taking pics that show a difference?  I don't see anything that dramatic, just very subtle changes.
You want to see subtle different, You know where to find me and i'll show them to you. :wink:

Or maybe you should stare at the pictures a little longer. :laugh: