WOOHOO!!!! Finally montoya wins a race this year. Looks like Mclaren are stacked with talent next year. Here is hoping the first race of 2005 is as good as the last race of 2004! :cool: Also on Speed TV's coverage they showed Donkey on the left rear tire of the Jag sitting on the starting grid. He had been autographed by a lot of celebs. I thought it was great he got some press at the last race for Jag.

Webber made 'ass' of Schu

SAO PAULO (GMM - Oct.25) Mark Webber ensured that Jaguar and Formula

One maintained a good mood on Sunday by making an 'ass' out of Ferrari's

world champion Michael Schumacher.

35-year-old Schumacher was a bit late for Sunday's traditional

end-of-season driver photo in Brazil, so Webber placed the Jaguar

mechanics' famous blow-up 'Donkey' in the German's front row seat.

When Michael did arrive, he maintained the joke by patting 'Donkey' on

the head and sitting on team-mate Rubens Barrichello's lap, to the

laughter of the other drivers.

''I am honestly inspired by the attitude of this (Jaguar) team,''

Formula One principal Tony Purnell said at Interlagos.

I am not a big fan of F1. dont like turning on the tv every week and seeing the same guy or team win. Its either Michael Schumacher or another member of ferrari. not bashing it, but id like it if more ppl won. it gets boring after awhile. only way other drivers win is if schumacher starts way backin the pack. im a big NASCAR fan. and i watch some champ car racing.

Canadian_Mike,

You are correct, it does become very boring when one team is always winning but hopefully the new rules will limit some of the dominance of Ferrari.

But let's face it, Michael S. is the best driver in the world and he has proven that he can win on any team.

McLaren is stacked next year, you talk about 2 guys that can drive.....

yea he is the best, but its like richard petty in nascar. in richard pettys era, he won everything. he has 200 wins in nascar, the closet competitior has like 80.but with such a short schedule in f1 it seems boring. example, nascarhas 36 races, when jeff gordon won 13 in one season, didnt seem so big bc there were other multiple winners. in f1 this year, there was what 2-3 other winners? not fun too much, hopefully the rules do limit this and we see a more competitive chase for the championship next year

I agree with you 100%.

I am a diehard fan, i'm talking about waking up at 6:30am to watch coverage on Speedvision, even after a late night out. My girlfriend thinks I'm crazy when I wake up after only 3 or 4 hours of sleep, no alarm clock or anything, I just wake up.

But lately I have been sleeping right through the race, no excitement.

So I am counting on next year to be a very competitive year for everyone....

Mike , I'll watch 2 Nascar races a year . The 2 road course race's and thats it . I think there is more to racing than making a left turn for 500 miles .

In this order is what I will wtach either in person or on TV . F1 , ALMS or any sports car type race , Nascar , Champ Car . I just find Champ Car incrediably boring these days , and don't even ask about the IRL please .

You have to realize that this is just my opinion on racing and I in no way would put down a fan of any type of racing . Well maybe there is one , but thats another post all together :smile1:

Okay...my take on the F1/Nascar debate. They cant compare. No car that runs on any Nextel Cup race is even remotely as technical as an F1 car. Nascar is trying to market itself as the "family" sport rather than let their drivers show some personality. F1 drivers are similar in popularity to our Pro football players in the USA...Michael Schumacher up until a couple of years ago was the worlds highest paid athlete. Are they truly sports? Well both series drivers have to be in damn good shape to drive but the nod goes to the F1 drivers due to the gforces they have to endure. I feel I can make this next statement based on facts and not opinions. NASCAR in the 1960's was not always ran as the fairest sport. My grandfather had a two car team that ran in the mid and late 60's and he ran pontiacs after his first season in Fords. He was told by certain manufacturers that if a certain driver like Fireball Roberts, Junior Johnson, or Richard Petty were on the lead lap and competitive then my grandfathers cars were not to finish ahead of them or they would not get their full money. That is why he ran pontiacs. I say this because it would be nice to really know what is being said now with the sport more popular than it has ever been. I can guarntee Chevy has some behind the scenes deal with their Chase for the cup contendors. At least F1 is more honest about team orders. You may not believe me that's fine.

Now I was raised a NASCAR fan but I lost interest when Alan Kulwicki and Davey Allison died. I still watch Bristol which is just up the road , Charolette, Atlanta, and Darlington because it takes talent to drive these. I do not watch Daytona or Talledega because it is not racing it is way to dangerous and the drivers cannot get away from one another. To win at Daytona or Talledega you just have to be in the right line at the right moment to get the right push. I liked Daytona and Talledega before restrictor plates. I started watching F1 when the first F1 game came out for the PS One and have been a fan ever since. I just think NASCAR is being a little fake right now with the wholesome good ole boy image it is trying to display. you know this is true if you have ever listened with a scanner to Rusty Wallace during a race. Talk about some F bombs. I will watch Atlanta this weekend because it is a drivers track.

I like both just wish NASCAR would be a little more honest about what goes on behind the scenes.....whew nuff said

"Whew nuff said "

But very well said Alan , I could not agree with you more . Have always been told that there were deals behind the scene'c but never truely believed till now .

Thanks for making it a lot clearer . :cool:

ps: if you could send me email with your grandfathers name and so I can run it by a few people I know , they might have known him . Or if you don't really want to I will understand .

Mike