Yamaha Blades (sx 25) Hal Sutton grind

offtheback

Anyone ever hear of these???

I played with a guy today who had a set, and they where amazing(I hit a few shots with them) I would say there are a miura forging from the feel of them, true??

thanks

Josh

Are you serious.....you can tell who forged a club by hitting a few shots???

Anyone ever hear of these???

I played with a guy today who had a set, and they where amazing(I hit a few shots with them) I would say there are a miura forging from the feel of them, true??

thanks

Josh

Are you serious.....you can tell who forged a club by hitting a few shots???

LOL....I dunno, but if felt surpisingly familar as I was playing miura cb's..???

I can't help it to laugh to. LMAO!

Anyway, I would like to give a little comment here.

IMHGO, It doesn't really matter who forged the club to get a soft feel.

It's all depend on what quality, grade of metal and finish they are using/doing and how they build the club to a finish products.

Cheers!

joe :cool:

These are about 15 years old.  Very good quality forging (don't have any idea who did them) and a very similar model was available in gunmetal--not the Suttons, but a similar blade.  You can pick up a set of these on Ebay every now and then for $100 or less.

I have a set 1-SW in my garage and they are great feeling club. I got mine from Scott Simpson - I had the choice of these or the cast Secret cavity back irons that Yamaha made back then.

• 17 years later...

Some of the best clubs I've ever played! I started playing back in 97 after some friends put a bag together for me. I fell in love with the game and soon started looking around on eBay for a set of clubs that looked good to me. One of the most pure irons I've ever hit. Unfortunately sold them on eBay to purchase some mp32s. Although I like my mizuno's and I have a set of MP 33s I wish I would have never sold my Hal Sutton grinds. Just bought another set on eBay tonight cannot wait to hit them again. I'm interested to see how I hit them now as I have a much better swing than I did back when I first started.