Opinions about Mizuno TN-93 ???

markooo

pm nickyprice, I believe he has a set. From what I know, they are rare, 200 or so, and are all labelled "MizunoPro" in light green on the back of the head. I have seen them in person and must admit that they are quite nice. I would have a set, except for my plans to customize a set of Ta1's took all my cash....lol

God Bless

Jer

they are good irons... 2-PW only... the 1 iron has lines on the sole (less drag) it's ugly.. however the SW and LW, they call them s,s2 are awful. The grind is sick and I hit nothing but skulls and I'm pretty decent out of the bunker.

otherwise the are copper under satin and soft...you will enjoy !

I have owned many mizuno irons ( mp14-29-33' etc). The 93's had the softest feel; the best dispersion and were best overall hands down. I even had several pros hit them and it was a consensus.Mine are 3-pw with s400.I paid $ 1500 for them in 1994 from a JPGA TOUR PLAYER. I even had several pros hit them and the feeling was universal.I am a factory rep; build custom clubs and have torque/ cpm equipment etc. The 93's were one of the most well built consistent sets I have ever tested since 1990 to date. The sw and cpm/ balance points along with loft etc. were perfectly balanced. Too bad more are not available. Yes thw SW and 1 IRON ARE MORE FUNKY LOOKING but the performance is great. If you see a set. Buy them!

• 8 years later...

Do you know where a set of Mizuno Pro TN- 93 for sale?

this thread was started 9 years ago..:) Sorry no idea where you can get some TN-93's. Curious why you want those over whats available now. Blades have come a ways although the TN's are fantastic for their time.

a friend wants a set for collection

• 3 months later...

I'd like to see a picture as well!

^^^^^^^^ You're correct Chris, the original post was from 9 years ago in which Nickyprice posted in, however Nickyprice says he has a set FS which was posted 11/12/13.

Pics would be great NP :)

Edited by Baddmnkey

• 2 years later...

Where's your pics supo67??

• 4 years later...

here  tn 93s 3/pw

ns 1050x played these yesterday.

killed it with them

they are endo soft with  honma.performance.

magnificent irons. just won the bag spot baxk for travelling golf.

my days with big cavities are over for ever.

20200524_091231.jpg

amazed  how good they feel play.

these are in perfect cond..as well. virtually no marks , 

had the shafts sst pured why i did that i dont know but theyare so taught now so straight.

loved.playing them.as we wont be travellibg outide  jp this year they may get.a.few.more runs in the.country.

• 3 years later...

i had to revist  this.. i hit these agan on the weekend  after a long hiatus,  ive been  playing   BIG ol cavities of late, epon af tours, yamaha  forged,  prgr idlbs , that kind of head, so decided on a  " my smallest set day "

these irons,  crazy 16 fw, RC  250cc driver, matsumoto HM blade, prgr nabla wedge, thin, small,compact.
  funny thing is i LOVED it . at   first  coming back  to small is a  bit disconserting,  esp when one gets on the tee  hits a cut to the first cut-o-ruff, on the first and the grass is LUSH.  and the ball is .........sorta submerged.......................

gulp.

out cometh the 6 iron, thwack, deep into the back of it and out it flies with half an acre of subashiris finest  cow food attached to the  back of it. 
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm... this might be a tough day if i do this all day long.

luckily that happened not and i drove  it  well and got  to try these all over again.

now, i have a bunch fo really nice irons that are made to spec for optimising feel and performance, this set has  NS 1050 x  in them SST pured ,which i can assure you all iwas  NOT  made as a micky mouse   touchy- feely   set , tis a set up that  was  made  for me a while ago when i once was quite fruity and cud get amonst it  .
 this shaft is  taught which i rediscovered.

so , on the  the par 3 17th ,  158y   always tends to play into the wind , which  is   a FULL  7 iron for me now  that wil never go long.
i hit 4 of  these   to the centre of the green like a swing matron robot , CARUsssseHD them,    suffice to say   i u cud not put the 7  down....  my buds had to usher me on... the feel is out of this world..... absolutley, TRUELY  magnificent , 
the flight is a thing of beauty, high soaring arc,  the combo of the taught shaft and  the  copper unlderlay on satin plating is just intoxicating. they are workable  as good as  any, the flight does NOT balloon, impacting  that   tiny thin sole is akin to  a vulture  pikcing the bones clean on a week old dead zebra   left to  bake in the sun .

for a set of MBs  30 yrs old...... to feel like these do WITH  non feeley  shafts, says to me, theres not a lot of improvement   to irons  over the last 30 years... in fact.... i dont  think i cud put thes any lower than at the very  TOP OF THE RONGE.

had a very good ballstriking  round  which  totally rekindled my love for all things small again. 

tell you what,   i say it time  and again ,just bec its  old  ( and really 30 yrs now is getting on a bit ) ,  that   dont mean its worse, 

these,  are awosme.! 

20210831_183759.jpg

20210831_185923.jpg

20210831_190243.jpg

Edited by supo

i can tell between endo  steel   forgings differnt  OEMS  ,  yamaha and tourstage are a bit taughter, i dont know why, i PRESUME........... they use some kind of  different steel ,  tourtstage  esp feel more rigid than others.
they  all feel   nothng like say  ONOFF , espsecially, those things are like marsmallow  , or EPON whcih have thier own special feel which doenst get replicated by anyone else.
if im honest about it,  as  much as i absolutely   LOVE  EPON its on  the  too soft side for me  unless  i  use a rigid  shaft like   NS SUPER PEENING ,   TT   MONACCO ( awsome in epon!!!!) or  SHIMADA , i like a bit of  feedback on bad shots as much as pured ones. 
these   mizuno   offer that in  spades  BUT u dont get that cold elbow chill on miss  hits. 
pured shots for these are soooooooooooooooooooooo  nice.

they loose ZERO  i mean ZERo to anything new, in fact  they  dominate over pretty much everythng  non uber top end.

Edited by supo