More on Tour vs. Retail....

markooo

Just an interesting story from ebay sale. A guy bought a driver from a seller that sells Japan items. Had a problem with it, took it to local pro shop and they said they would send to mfg. I think it was Calloway but not 100% sure. Anyway, Mfg said it was a tour piece and not available to public so it was not returned. I see tour stuff for sale all the time so this seems odd. Could be related to the tour debate. Also, the piece was not listed as "Tour" when being auctioned. True story.

Just an interesting story from ebay sale. A guy bought a driver from a seller that sells Japan items. Had a problem with it, took it to local pro shop and they said they would send to mfg. I think it was Calloway but not 100% sure. Anyway, Mfg said it was a tour piece and not available to public so it was not returned. I see tour stuff for sale all the time so this seems odd. Could be related to the tour debate. Also, the piece was not listed as "Tour" when being auctioned.  True story.

Once someone buys a club then it belongs to the person that bought it. It's not the responsibility of the manufacturer to decide who can keep it. I think this story is bogus. :bulls**t:

the guy is talking about when you buy an authentic tour issued or college issued callaway club and you have a problem with it if you send it back to callaway expecting a replacement they will tell you you're SOL because its the property of Callaway Tour/College Dept. and it was given to the tour or college player not sold so the deal is since we get it free we're not supposed to sell it, Ping also does that but instead if they get sent a tour or college players club that was given to the college player for free they will keep the club and send the college player a bill for the club thats the whole purpose of the Tour ID label on callaway shafts and the serial number for Ping Clubs so they can track who it was given to

Sorry but I hate to differ, I was given a Tour ERC 2 Pro Spec with a Fuji 661 by a Callaway Staff player and after a while it developed a rattle in the head. I sent it to Callaway through my local club pro shop and they gave me a brand new GBBII+ - not exactly a straight replacement but at least they didnt tell me to piss off and kept the club!

Sorry but I hate to differ, I was given a Tour ERC 2 Pro Spec with a Fuji 661 by a Callaway Staff player and after a while it developed a rattle in the head. I sent it to Callaway through my local club pro shop and they gave me a brand new GBBII+ - not exactly a straight replacement but at least they didnt tell me to piss off and kept the club!

Developed a rattle? Kinda wierd for a bore through head unless the ERC is not bore through.

If you have a Ping tour club and something goes wrong with it they will replace with something similar but you will not get the orginal back. I had a Ping i3 3 wood come in to my store once and I asked the rep if if he could find out about it. when he got off the phone with phoenix, he told me to not send the club back or we wouldnt get the same one. he said it was a tour issue and that Ping would keep it if they got there hands on it. He also said that he wouldn't tell anyone he saw it (lol) Once Ping issues something for a tour player they dont want that item getting out for whatever reason. So markoo's story could have some legitimacy to it. Just my thoughts.

I'll say this as well, if you send a tour club back to the manufacturer for anything less than a cracked club then you need to have your head examined. Let your pro work on it and forget about the manufacturer. This is just whacko.

the guy is talking about when you buy an authentic tour issued or college issued callaway club and you have a problem with it if you send it back to callaway expecting a replacement they will tell you you're SOL because its the property of Callaway Tour/College Dept. and it was given to the tour or college player not sold so the deal is since we get it free we're not supposed to sell it, Ping also does that but instead if they get sent a tour or college players club that was given to the college player for free they will keep the club and send the college player a bill for the club thats the whole purpose of the Tour ID label on callaway shafts and the serial number for Ping Clubs so they can track who it was given to

Those clubs are for sale by Callaway too. I would not accept any manufacturer telling me that I'm "SOL" after I have paid for a club.

Added to that, I would NOT send any tour club back to the manufacturer for anything unless the head completely cracked and I was looking for a replacement.