.350 vs .335 tip.

timbleking

Me again with probably another silly question.

Can we consider, for a given wood shaft, available in the two tips, that .350 is really stronger at the tip than .335?

The question is about the fact I cannot play NV 65 S .335 because of the torque that is too high for me, but I tried it with a Fusion and .350 tip and feeling was truly different. There was particular tipping then I thought that tip size was giving a chance to play lighter shaft.

What do you think?

agree 100%... the .350 shafts play firmer.. had the same experience with the nv-65 and blue pro launch.. more mass at the tip..

• 2 weeks later...

I would say no. I've spoken with some reputable names in the golf industry on this subject, and the general concensus is the reason for going to a .350 tip is because it is easier and cheaper to obtain the desired specifications by adding more material to the tip than by using better materials or engineering. If you remove all other variables, other than the shaft, I'd bet money you will feel no difference whatsoever between a .335 and .350 tip of the same model.

To make sure all other variables have been removed, I'd suggest finding two .350 tip heads of the exact same weight. Shim a .335 into one, install a .350 into the other. Measure the frequency of each and make sure they are the same, or very, very close. Make sure the swingweight of both clubs is the same. Install logo-down so you don't know which is which. Tell me if you notice a difference. My money says you can't, and if you do, it's because of another factor.

Just my $0.02.