Tourspecgolfer/girl/anyone in Japan--PSP

Its been selling like hot-cakes here in Hong Kong too. I haven't bought one, because it is only available as a parallel import, and therefore doesn't have any English software.

Friends of mine have bought it though, and I played around with Metal Gear Solid, and... :surprize: WOW! The clarity of that screen is just incredible. Another friend of mine loaded up on Sony stock as soon as he saw the PSP (but the stock price dropped :-) ).

I'm pretty sure that I'll be buying any English version when it is officially released here.

This is has been talked about as "the ipod killer", but I don't see that happening. If the specs meet what they have been pitching it will be a good product, however I don't see it reaching beyond the niche of the portable gaming community.

The ipod has "cool" and "trendy" on its side, those are two items that are hard to topple by force. They work like an avalanche in that it starts small and grows exponentially. It'll be interesting to see how apple plans to ride the wave and get the most out of it.

What is PSP? Is it like an IPOD? Do you know how much they run for? Chris will be in Japan in a few weeks, maybe he can find out the info.

It's PlayStation Portable. It's supposed to be like an ipod/ngage, except the graphis are supposed to kickass. For people like me who get bored and want to play madden or metal gear solid.

What is PSP? Is it like an IPOD? Do you know how much they run for? Chris will be in Japan in a few weeks, maybe he can find out the info.

Will one of the Japanese ones eventually work w/ english titles or if I buy a Japanese one am I screwed?

Hmm...

I'm quite sure that it will run ANY language software. Your main problem would be how much of the OS you have to navigate through. If there is a lot of functionality in the OS itself (which I assume there IS, since it can do so many things), then you will have to learn to navigate everything in Japanese.

I DO know that I bought an NDS (Nintendo Dual Screen) for a friend, and we were able to select the language of the OS. :smile2:

The PSP Japan is not going to be able to work with U.S games.

All Sony Japan products can be turned to english mode but the game cant unless modified.

The PSP is to small for anyone to do mods to.

Yes they are out in Japan retail is about 38,000yen i think which is like 375 or somthing...

Somthing that is hot now that people are buying is Grand Tarismo 4, if your PS2 has a mod chip you can purchase it and i can get it for you.

If your looking for a PS2 mod go to your local small game shop and pay them 25.00 to do it. ( they will not say they do it over the phone )

I want a PSP in my car :whistle:

Guys Im Wrong Again!!...lol

The JPN version PSP is compatible with the U.S version and its games. Take a look all around its been made public.

Im going to get my PSP this coming tuesday for 18,000yen or 175.00 for the machine alone and the AC adapter. Much cheaper than the U.S spec will be.

• 1 month later...

I have had my PSP for over a month now. it was 170.00 in Japan :surprize:

Most of my toys i buy and put them aside in a week or two but i have actually incorporated the PSP more into my life than a laptop. they have the #1 golf game IMO that smokes TW05, game is called everyone lets golf ( in Japanese ).

I play 9-18 holes every morning on the toilet, when waiting for TS girl at the salon, shopping, or appointments it speeds the wait.

I keep my Music on it, bye bye Ipod and I'm currently trying to figure out how exactly to write movies on UMD's :-D

I don't play games much but still found the PSP very useful, hands down the best portable on the market.

loading time is on average 15sec once per game and graphics are better than a PS2.

standard?pictid={BA05052D-D3EC-434B-971D-DD431DD582D2}&exp=f&moddt=38440.8700947454

standard?pictid={0C6CE2D2-7CA1-4E5E-8D71-8925B88205D1}&exp=f&moddt=38440.8702343519

• 2 months later...