2005 Callaway Japan!

TourSpecGolfer

Lets start with this...

The Japanese version is the same as the U.S spec except for the color scheme inside the cavity as well as the location of assembly and the available shaft options. 2005 Memphis shafts are now available with the Japanese version!

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

ERC HOT 460cc Driver...Callaway claims its the hottest driver ever made. there is a pro spec series also but still only in high C.O.R. that one is available in 8 & 9* lofts with your choice of GD W60-GD M-65 and Diamana63...notice no more Fuji options...

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

2005 I-Trax

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

I was able to ask questions to the Chairman and also the VP of Callaway golf U.S/Japan and he told me that currently there is no plans to release the FT2 or FT3 as of yet.

I was told that the Tour Issue X-Tours rarely have 3 sets that are the same, they are made by Endo Thailand and when a tour issue set is ordered it is made to fit exactly what the player requests. He also said that they are the same material just topline, offset, bounce and weight is chaged for Tour use. He said all the talk of them being different materials is mumbo jumbo.

I take it that the Japan model Fusion 460 is hi-cor (above .830) ?

How much?

Yes its high C.O.R and it will be priced along the same lines as most other Japanese drivers. Throw in the GD shaft and its getting close to 800 bucks.

The x-tours are forged? yes, no, maybe so? Thanks

Yes they are Forged by Endo Thailand.

Chris,

What the shaft options for the 460 Hi-COR Fusion, besides the top-of-the-line GD's? And when can you get one of them? Something around an 8 Degree...lightest stiff shaft possible (something around 50 grs.) Price? (I know the GD shaft one is around $800.)

There are 2 versions the HS and regular spec. They will be released in late April to May.

The Reg spec is available in 9.10,11,12,13 degrees of loft and only sold with a JV50 shaft that is in the mid 50 gram range in R, SR, & S flex's while the HS high speed model is built in 8 & 9 degree lofts and has shaft options such as the W-60, M-65, M-75, M-85, PM702J, Diamana 63,73, & 83.

The difference between the two in regards to the head is the normal spec has 15g's in the heel area and 18g's located in the center where as the HS has 10g in the heel, 26g, in the center, and 5g's in the toe.

Do you know what the Reg Spec 9 degree with JV50 shaft will retail for?

Yes they retail for 81,000yen or $794.00.

I have hit the X-tours they are 100% forged but don't exactly feel like an MP series or Scratch Cb's.

Hmm what to compare them to? IMO Hiro Matsumoto's with a larger profile.

It will be released April 1st just like the U.S version and the Japan only M-10DB Memphis shaft is considered SR flex at 112g's each and 1.9 torque. It should flex stiffer than the S flex NS950.

these will run 1180.00 3-PW when released, also available 5-PW and they also have #2 irons.

I have hit the X-tours they are 100% forged but don't exactly feel like an MP series or Scratch Cb's.

Hmm what to compare them to? IMO Hiro Matsumoto's with a larger profile.

It will be released April 1st just like the U.S version and the Japan only M-10DB Memphis shaft is considered SR flex at 112g's each and 1.9 torque. It should flex stiffer than the S flex NS950.

these will run 1180.00 3-PW when released, also available 5-PW and they also have #2 irons.

Chris, can you make any comparisons of X-tours and the Mizuno MP32's? Feel free to PM if you prefer.

Thanks,

ga

Chris-

Any chance you could get custom options and/or grinds from Callaway Japan?  You know, something like the Mizuno deal?

jlww3

No way Sir...

FYI guys the new Japanese callaway stuff is coming April 1st.

For those of you with slower swing speeds and who enjoy NS pros the Memphis 10DB is a killer shaft only found on Callys. Its variable flex so be careful your not to fast of a swinger.