Please compare MP-27's to 32's

jlww3

Everyone talks about the 32's being very forgiving. Is there a big difference in forgiveness between the 32's and the 27's when it comes to long irons? Is it worth it to mix the set for the added forgiveness in the 27's long irons?

Please help. I'm a good ballstriker (2 handicap) but always looking for that little extra help.

jlww3

Hit the two back to back at the range. Big differences in forgiveness and feel. 27's much more forgiving. Yes, I think it'd be worth your while to mix sets. The set I dream of is a blend of three sets:

3, 4 iron - MP 27

5, 6 iron - MP 30

7-PW - MP 37

All with offset of MP 37, black finish with white paint fill on M stamp close to toe. :cool:

Right on MGB. My set isn't too far off.

2,3,4 - 27's

5,6,7 - 30's

8-W - 33's or 37's (undecided)

satin finish with M stamp on toe. :cool:

Currently playing 33's. Played the true forged for a couple years in late 90's. Know them well.

Rock it! Hopefully soon.

-JS

27's = very forgiving for a semi players CB.

32's = very forgiving for a blade.

The 27s are more forgiving but the 32's are more rewarding on pure hit shots.

I suggest you go with the 32's if you are single digits and a good ball striker, if not try the 27's.

Any way you choose the Mizuno customs should make you a very happy man.

...Is it worth it to mix the set for the added forgiveness in the 27's  long irons?

Please help.  I'm a good ballstriker (2 handicap) but always looking for that little extra help.

jlww3

Personally, I don't think the two heads "fit" together for a mixed set. Different toplines & sole grinds. I'm not a mixed set type of guy, though.

My suggestion for you would be the get the 32s.

...Is it worth it to mix the set for the added forgiveness in the 27's  long irons?

Please help.  I'm a good ballstriker (2 handicap) but always looking for that little extra help.

jlww3

Personally, I don't think the two heads "fit" together for a mixed set. Different toplines & sole grinds. I'm not a mixed set type of guy, though.

My suggestion for you would be the get the 32s.

That is why you order them with all the same offset, top line, and sole grinds. 2-Tier and even 3-Tier combos are available with the same profiles. 1250.00 covers normal custom mizzy's and 1499.00 is for the TSG adjustable profile version. I have some killer club/spec suggestions to anyone who is interested in shelling out the cash for these. I have ordered two sets for myself and know of about 5 different setups that are to hot to handle.

TourSpecGolfer-

Let's here some of your crazy ideas? I'd love to know what you can come up with. The only thing keeping me from pulling the trigger now is that I'd pay 1500 for a set of heads considering I'd reshaft them the minute I got them.

jlww3