TSG's Rusty Wedge Contest!

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NOTE: the wedge I submitted as most rusted has been done naturally and has not been used as a fire poker or had any outside agents added, as some seem to think. I live very near the gulf coast and the salt in the air is very vicious if you do not keep your equipment dry........

fred

I don't know that my wedge will compete with "fredmcfl" but I figure what the hell. Anyway i'd like to enter the contest but how do you go about impoting the pictures to the screen. Thanks.  :cool:

Are they hosted?

If not send them to me via email and I can host them for you.

Good Luck!!

NOTE: the wedge I submitted as most rusted has been done naturally and has not been used as a fire poker or had any outside agents added, as some seem to think. I live very near the gulf coast and the salt in the air is very vicious if you do not keep your equipment dry........

fred

But do you actually play the wedge?

But do you actually play the wedge?

not anymore....it is basically ruined. I just keep it around to test new methods of removing rust, that are posted on the various boards. As you can see, I have yet to find anything to cure this mess.

fred

Ok, here is my wedge up for the contest consideration.

It is nicely covered by Rust and still in "Playable" condition.

Grooves are still tight and wicked.... :whistle:

rusty_cleveland-01.jpg

rusty_cleveland-02.jpg

rusty_cleveland-03.jpg

rusty_cleveland-04.jpg

rusty_cleveland-05.jpg

Now, anybody want to buy this from me??? :laugh:

Ok, here is my wedge up for the contest consideration.

It is nicely covered by Rust and still in "Playable" condition.

Grooves are still tight and wicked.... :whistle:

rusty_cleveland-01.jpg

rusty_cleveland-02.jpg

rusty_cleveland-03.jpg

rusty_cleveland-04.jpg

rusty_cleveland-05.jpg

Now, anybody want to buy this from me??? :laugh:

thats awesome, i would so use that on a golf course.

I thought I had a cool idea for getting my club to rust, but it backfired. I put it in our softener overnight just to see if I could get a really rusty head and came back the next day and it was completely free of any rust at all. It actually cleaned the head completely. WTF? :-D If you want an easy way to clean raw heads, give it a try. It works! No, really it does. Grant

I thought I had a cool idea for getting my club to rust, but it backfired. I put it in our softener overnight just to see if I could get a really rusty head and came back the next day and it was completely free of any rust at all. It actually cleaned the head completely. WTF? :-D If you want an easy way to clean raw heads, give it a try. It works! No, really it does. Grant

What kind of Softener that do that? thanks

Doesnt everyone have a softner? The thing you put salt into for soft water? We have a white 20-30 gallon tank that holds salt. Mine had a bit of water in it which is normal, along with salt, about half full. I stuck the wedge in the tank, up to the hosel and left it for the night. Came back in the morning and it was completely clean. I am not sure of the chemical reaction, hopefully the water doesnt taste too bad this week. lol Im sure that type of concentration of salt water can be pretty agressive. Not sure, I wasnt a science major. :smile2: hehe I can take a picture if anyone wants to post it. Grant

OK here it is...

my last effort before the contest ends :smile1:

Ouch!!! that's totally nasty !!!

Good thing you're not qualify for the prizes, right Chris? :laugh:

I am not in the running but if the winners wedge doesn't surpass mine they don't get the 2nd wedge free from scratch.

Tomorrow I will start the voting thread.

Just a reminder...

Take your wedges out of the salt water and take pics!!!

It's the final day to enter in the "TSG Rusty Wedge Contest".

All entries must be in TODAY, March 31 - Midnight - Hawaii Standard time (10pm PST).

Aloha and Good Luck!!!