Which FW is seen as tops by strong players/

hue

Which FW both non and tour issue is percieved as the top FW by strong players who can hit the ball? The TaylorMade tour issue 200s must be in this group. How does the Sonartec NP 99 rate compared to them? What are the top FWs worth looking at for the stronger player

Sonartec SS-03

I think this is just about the best looking head out there, it IS without doubt a better shaped head than the "cooler" BBD Type H Protos and I personally prefer it to the PT/970 look. Great performance, super long, perfect flight - all you need is to be a playa IMHO

I have the SHIII and SS03, I might must say that they both are very good, esp. with higher swing speeds. They have very peircing trajectories b/c of their higher COG's.

I think the main criteria in finding a good FW is not necessarily the head, but a shaft that is fit for your swing!!!

God Bless

Jer

The sonortec SS-03 or maybe the new Titleist 904 would be good for a try.But for the strong hitter the SS-03 will be the right one. IMO

I have a PING i3 fairway which is the best if you get the fittings right.

Not the longest by a long way but the control you get in superb, you can move the ball both ways.

I have the 14* 3wood with a graffaloy prolite stiff. Its a good shaft which complements the club but I may get a graffaloy blue as I tried that and it is an amazing shaft which generates distance which is needed for the ping.

So all in all Ping i3 14* graffaloy blue is the best

This being in the Tour/Import area I will throw in some JDM options for you all.

Let me first start by saying, I don't really see any difference in FW heads for a Strong player vs an average player, yes the better player will like a higher C.O.G, deeper face, square to open face angle etc but so will the average player.

IMO the GAF1 by Gauge Japan is best of all for these reasons:

- It was designed taking the best aspects of the V-Steel ( rail sole) , BBD Type H ( shape and profile ), Tourstage FST ( rear cut away for a high C.O.G ), and the Olimar hot metal 2 ( miraging face ) all into one. face angle is .5 open to square.

other options i highly suggest:

- V-Steel ( retail or Tour don't matter )

- Royal Collections new C.V Pro

- Sonartec SS 3.5

- Tourstage FST ( old model )

- Tourstage FST+ ( Made for very strong players )

- PRGR Hit Duo ( already to many on the JPGA )

- Mizuno Hotmetal ( after 5 years its still going strong )

Here is what the top pro's use:

Tiger: Nike T60 FW

VJ: Cleveland Launcher and Cally steelhead

Els: Titleist 904F and 980F

P.M: Big Bertha's

Kaye: BBD Type H

Chad Campbell: Nike T-40

Toms: Cleveland Quad pro

Pampling: Steelhead plus

Howell III: Big Berthas

Carlos Franco: Fusion FW

Craig Parry: Big Bertha & Steel Head

Scott: Titleist PT15

Ryan Palmer: Sonartec SS-03

Zach Johnson: Sonartec SS-03

Cink: 975F

Ames:Nike T-60

Michelle Wie: V-Steel

Maruyama: V-Steel and MR-23

Appleby: old Precept

Baddeley: PT15

Donald: BBD S.S Pro

Daly: V-Steel

Goosen:V-Steel

Mike Weir: V-Steel & 200 Steel

Tanaka: V-Steel & 200 Steel

Garcia: V-Steel

Funk: 200 Steel Tour

For me when I am swinging well there is nothing like my Kasco KP99.   It is an awesome 3 wood

Was that ever made retail?

This being in the Tour/Import area I will throw in some JDM options for you all.

- It was designed taking the best aspects of the V-Steel ( rail sole) , BBD Type H ( shape and profile ), Tourstage FST ( rear cut away for a high C.O.G ), and the Olimar hot metal 2 ( miraging face ) all into one. face angle is .5 open to square.

How much are they/ Where can I get one? Thanks

I've hit everything mentioned minus the kasco and the SS-07 is the bomb, a combo of the ss-02 and ss-03, I absolutely love it. I will add however, shaft is just as important. I have an accra in it now and have an Irod counter balance 95 shaft coming.

That's a great post from Chris where he listed all the FW's of the players. I agree with him on the Gauge GAF's. Super hot face. Very solid and with the right shaft as long as it gets.

I'm very happy with mine. :love:

How much are they/ Where can I get one? Thanks

Drop me a PM.