futura phantom

Fish

I had the opportunity to try all three models of the futura on Friday. First impression the heel shafted mallet looked great, the center shafted one loooked good and the regular futura phantom looked great. The feel of the mallets to me felt a little hard compared to the old futura. I prefer the feel of the old carbon steel camerons. The futura phantom still has the same feel as the first issue futuras, I am not quite sure if it was just me but, the futura phantom still seemed to sit a little open when put down. If you are in the market for a new mallet putter and prefer the crisper feel of the new putters then the futura phantom mallet putter is the way to go. Finally, the weight of the putters all still seem to be a little light.

I had the opportunity to try all three models of the futura on Friday.  First impression the heel shafted mallet looked great, the center shafted one loooked good and the regular futura phantom looked great.  The feel of the mallets to me felt a little hard compared to the old futura.  I prefer the feel of the old carbon steel camerons.  The futura phantom still has the same feel as the first issue futuras, I am not quite sure if it was just me but, the futura phantom still seemed to sit a little open when put down.  If you are in the market for a new mallet putter and prefer the crisper feel of the new putters then the futura phantom mallet putter is the way to go.  Finally, the weight of the putters all still seem to be a little light.

I too had a chance to compare all three new models along with the older Futura and the Red X combos. I never really liked the Red X putters and was anxiously awaiting the new Futura Phantom Mallet Center shaft and ended up buying it. Very easy to line up and it sat straight. I liked the feel but that is all personal really.

• 3 weeks later...

I've tried the phanton mallet and it looks great, feels great but is too light compared to the Red X, in fact similar to the original Futura which I gave up on as it was great on short putts but difficult to judge from outside 20ft.

I'm hoping it will become available in different lengths and weight options, if so I'll buy one.

• 5 weeks later...