swing plane drills.

Sgt_Slaughter

ne1 got ne good drills for working on swing plane.

saw vijays where he set a shaft just inside theball on the ground, then at the end of the shaft at the right side, he puts a shaft in matching the shaft angle at adress.

ne others???

saw vijays where he set a shaft just inside theball on the ground, then at the end of the shaft at the right side, he puts a shaft in matching the shaft angle at adress.

ne others???

use a mirror. best thing you can do.

ne others???

use a mirror. best thing you can do.

thanks.

Vijay uses the shaft behind him to keep from getting to far inside. The proverbial "stuck" position that can cause all sorts of errant shots. To help start the club away on the proper path I set a club off my back foot, parallel to the target/foot line, extending back from the ball of my foot. On the way back I check that my club is parallel to that club on the ground. From there I concentrate on turning my shoulders without moving my arms and the club moves up the proper path. To drill I try to return the club to the same position on the way down slowly. After a few "pumps", address the ball and make a good swing trying to get the same feel. Hope this helps...

G

Vijay uses the shaft behind him to keep from getting to far inside. The proverbial "stuck" position that can cause all sorts of errant shots. To help start the club away on the proper path I set a club off my back foot, parallel to the target/foot line, extending back from the ball of my foot. On the way back I check that my club is parallel to that club on the ground. From there I concentrate on turning my shoulders without moving my arms and the club moves up the proper path. To drill I try to return the club to the same position on the way down slowly. After a few "pumps", address the ball and make a good swing trying to get the same feel. Hope this helps...

G

alright cool. but vijays drill will work right?? i read it in the golf digest with him on the cover a couple months ago

i have used vj's drill and it does work quite well, there is very little room for error though, so depending on your skill level you might want to move the water bottle out a little. I used that drill 3 times a week last summer, and it improved my ball striking a lot. another nice thing about it is that it narrows down your errant ball flight to 1 factor, and that is clubface angle.

G

alright cool. but vijays drill will work right?? i read it in the golf digest with him on the cover a couple months ago

yea it will defiantly work, my dad and i do that all the time when we go to the range and hit. i have a tendancy to come to far inside making me push it way right or flip my hands over to quick and duck hook it. this helps me alot though

drew

G

yea it will defiantly work, my dad and i do that all the time when we go to the range and hit. i have a tendancy to come to far inside making me push it way right or flip my hands over to quick and duck hook it. this helps me alot though

drew

yea. i went to the range today, but i just worked on getting back into rhythm. worked on tempo and setup. worked on hitting some draws and fades. hit the long irons. used tees. didnt really hit off th ground. hit some 3-woods and drivers. just worked on getting a low trajectory. one i like. but cant wait for the mizzy driver drew. should be sending payment thursday or friday morning.

I have a couple.

Take a 9-iron and close the face like 30 degrees so the toe of the club is almost pointing at your left foot. Make pitch shot so that the ball goes straight.

Set-up with your left foot pulled straight back about 6 inches, take full swings trying to push the ball way out to the right. Get used to what it feels like when you hit the ball straight.

If you're not coming inside enough practice dropping your hands to start the downswing, it should feel like they fall 6 inches before the rest of your body start to move.

Put a quarter on the ground about 6 inches in front and 2 inches right of the ball, try to hit the quarter on your follow through.

Thats about all i can think of. Should help you come nicely from the inside.

I have a couple.

Take a 9-iron and close the face like 30 degrees so the toe of the club is almost pointing at your left foot.  Make pitch shot so that the ball goes straight.  

Set-up with your left foot pulled straight back about 6 inches, take full swings trying to push the ball way out to the right.  Get used to what it feels like when you hit the ball straight.

If you're not coming inside enough practice dropping your hands to start the downswing, it should feel like they fall 6 inches before the rest of your body start to move.

Put a quarter on the ground about 6 inches in front and 2 inches right of the ball, try to hit the quarter on your follow through.

Thats about all i can think of. Should help you come nicely from the inside.

i like the quarter one. and the 3rd one. but just what does the first one do. am i supposed to sing so the clubface is straight at impact, meaning im manipulating it???

Yeah you would close the face down but grip the club as if its square. To square the clubface up you have to come from the inside.

I have another one too.

Again hitting full swing pitch shots, go to the top. Then swing the clubhead at the ball and try to keep your back to the target, you won't be able to do it but it will give the feeling of coming inside.

Yeah you would close the face down but grip the club as if its square.  To square the clubface up you have to come from the inside.

I have another one too.  

Again hitting full swing pitch shots, go to the top.  Then swing the clubhead at the ball and try to keep your back to the target, you won't be able to do it but it will give the feeling of coming inside.

aight. cool. thanks.