pitbull808's bag

pitbull808

:confused: Pitbull, how does the Cameron Nappa compare with the Bettinardi BB2?

Also what is the blade putter with the black ferrule with the two red rings?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:confused: Pitbull, how does the Cameron Nappa compare with the Bettinardi BB2?

Also what is the blade putter with the black ferrule with the two red rings?

I'm currently actually using a Scotty American Classic VII Napa. It's a little firmer yet not clicky as compared to the BB2. The BB2 has the copper insert and it's a little soft for me. I find the BB2 to be a little better on faster greens, but the Classic VII just an all around better putter for all greens.

As for the blade putter with black ferrule....all the putters have the brands under the picture. If it's from the blades on the 1st page, it could either be a Arnold Palmer AP 30R/ blank sole, Macgregor IMG5 w/ XXXXX on the ferrule/ original, or the second page blade is a old Bob Toski.

Thanks Pittbull.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
I love the TourStage Shegeki Signature wedge. Looks sweet!

They really are sweet wedges and definitely drop and stop ones. Not overspinning like some tour wedges I've had but just right. The set up on them initially though are pretty lousy. With D1 and C6 swingweights from the factory and being so short, I don't know how Shigeki could have used them....but then again he's a little guy compared to me! I reshafted them and have the weight up now to a playable D5 on both of them. They're now simply spectacular!

• 3 weeks later...

newbagpics002.jpg

Whoa!! I never noticed the CBA520 until now...Fabulous!! I like the matching putter tube too...Perfect to show off your putter of the year, month, or maybe even week for you!! Does it come together by any chance??

Anyways...just wanted to say SWEET BAG!!

newbagpics002.jpg

Whoa!! I never noticed the CBA520 until now...Fabulous!! I like the matching putter tube too...Perfect to show off your putter of the year, month, or maybe even week for you!! Does it come together by any chance??

Anyways...just wanted to say SWEET BAG!!

Thanks Jacque! I really do love this bag. It's sturdy and at the same time not huge. There are a ton of pockets and the quality is just excellent. The putter tube came with the bag. There are two models of CBA520 , one with the tube and one with out. I always thought they were kind of dorky till I had one on this bag. It really works great and for Cameron collectors who are worried about keeping their grips and putter shaft bands nice, this is just perfect.

By the way.......bag pics in the first post updated again. Checked out the girls at the Fields Open this past week, particularly Ai Miyazato. Loved the looks of her irons and decided to pick up a set of Tourstage ViQ Forged cavity backs for myself. I also took out my Fourteen and returned my Tourstage FuT U3 19* to the bag. I played Luana Hills the other month and since it worked so great, I figured I'd put it back into play. I also added two more putters to the rotation. I just got the JAT Prototype and Napa back from Scotty's restoration shop. They look better then they did originally and now have their authentication papers. Enjoy!

I have to ask,

how is the Tourstage utility? vs. the 'other' big market ones that you've tried? In my experience 'most' of the BIG 3 or 4 North american club makers hybrids are hook monsters!

In your opinion how does the tourstage one match up?

Also could you comment on how the 904HB works in that head??

thanks again for the info!

ciao

jp

I have to ask,

how is the Tourstage utility? vs. the 'other' big market ones that you've tried? In my experience 'most' of the BIG 3 or 4 North american club makers hybrids are hook monsters!

In your opinion how does the tourstage one match up?

Also could you comment on how the 904HB works in that head??

thanks again for the info!

ciao

jp

You pretty much said it. At the time about a year and a half ago after trying pretty much everything available from TM, Hogan and Mizuno, the Tourstage was the only club that I was getting good results from. I found that the TM's were total hook machines for me, the Hogan's not as bad but not very consistent and the length lacking in the Fly Hi. The Tourstage sets up very square and has hardly any offset. It's also very solid compared to other hybrids. With the 904HB, I get a quick rise but penetrating flight with a soft landing. I've tried other hybrid shafts, but the 904HB really fits me well. I can take a hard swing with it and not feel that I'm overpowering or over torqueing it.

I usually rotate the Tourstage with a Fourteen HI 858 but after a recent round at a particularly tight course, I decided to bag the Tourstage again for awhile. The length is is easily superior to what I was getting with a regular 2 iron and definitely a lot more easier for me to hit consistently. It also has never been a problem to move the ball either left or right with the FuT where other Hybrids I've used, I was more concerned with trying to keep them straight. I've considered trying the new ViQ hybrids but the FuT has built enough confidence in me that it's never been a serious temptation to me.

I've gottan to hit the Tour Edge Exotics 3 wood into a net, it feels nice and hot off the face. I've heard that it's actually quite long, how do you find it's distance compared to other 3 woods out on the market?

The Touredge Exotic replaced my Sonartec 2.5, Tour Taylor Made V Steel. The only reason I made the switch is I found it longer and much easier to hit off of any lie then either of those two other 3 woods. My only dislike about the Exotic is the awful sound at impact. For a "high end" club at least according to price, I find it a little too "tingy". It's probably the only reason I'm contemplating picking up a ViQ 3 wood or the X Drive 3 wood from Tourstage.

• 1 month later...

I fell in love with your bag the moment I laid my eyes on it :tsg_smiley_yes: . Especially the Viq Forge irons. I'm thinking about getting them... How do you like it?

I fell in love with your bag the moment I laid my eyes on it :tsg_smiley_yes: . Especially the Viq Forge irons. I'm thinking about getting them... How do you like it?

Thanks....I've finally been able to get in some serious golf time with the ViQ's since the rain has finally stopped here in Hawaii. They really are everything I was looking for in an iron. I wanted something that had a thin topline, and blade look from the top, limited offset and most of all forgiving enough to not worry where the ball was going yet still keeping the ability to work the ball in that occasion that I needed to. The ViQ is that iron for me. I initially was worried that they might hit the ball too high like some other forgiving iron's that I've tried, but I've had no ballooning problem in that area. I've been also able to hit successful knockdowns with the ViQ's. They've really surprised me in all aspects of my game. I can honestly say that they have surpassed everything that I was hoping for when I purchased them. The feel is outstanding. I thought my past Mizuno sets were great, but again, the ViQ surprised me in that area. I'm sure if you get a chance to hit these, you'll be very pleased.

That bag is incredibly nice. Great job on the new look bag. And the staff bag you use is pretty sweet looking. Especially the isolated putter tube.

Thanks Sgt.....the Paradiso really is a great bag and the putter tube was something I was looking for in a bag yet the bag looks cool enough that I'm not carrying "my fathers" bag. :tsg_smiley_crazy: No more fumbling with getting the putter out and best of all..no worries about it getting hit by any other club while I'm playing.

I've just updated the bag again. Like I said earlier....loved the Tour Edge Exotic because of the great distance I was getting with it but I just couldn't get past the sound it gave off. In it's place is the Tourstage X-ST 3 Wood 15* w/ Graphite Design Tour AD M-75. I haven't had enough time to hit it on the range but so far on the course I'm very pleased with it. It might not be an explosive cannon like the Tour Edge, but it just feels good and right for me at this time.

Also new is a John Byron Dale Head putter. It's an older model that probably came out about six years ago. Bryon Morgan who designed it and made this milled putter has now split up from his earlier partnership with John Ortega and gone on to make putters with only his name on it. If anyone is interested in a quality custom milled putter.....Byron Morgan may be the answer you're looking for. I believe his website is www.byronputters.com

Edited by pitbull808

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
Whole bag updated....and should last about a week. Changes coming around real soon. :atsg_smilie_onoff:

Man, I love the pitbull driver and putter cover.

Carltons work on your wedges is excellent.

I love my Betti BB2. Is there much difference between the BB2 and the SB3?

Overall just sensational!!

Ahh, pitbull, that's just stellar!!

The ON/OFF drivers have been making waves the last couple days. How do you like the Cobra LD? The Speed Series seems to be a big hit with a lot of folks.

I love the bag, pics are well done. Just beautiful, man!!

:tsg_smiley_pimp::tsg_smiley_pimp::atsg_smilie_onoff::tsg_smiley_drool: