pitbull808's bag

pitbull808

Wow.........and i thought i was an addict! That's impressive!

I like your watch! I have a few questions. How would compare the BB2 Bettinardi to the Japanese Bettinardi in the photo (same style) to the Scotty Cameron Napa Valley. Also wondering, what the Pro Platinum feels like? Some say it's the best feeling Cameron. They're not as expensive as a lot of others i've noticed. I wonder why? Love your grips. Tour Concepts are primo too! What's your favorite putter of the bunch?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the compliments guys. Regarding the SB-3, I'll give you a some detail if anyone's looking for it. There are actually two SB-3 models put out by Studio B in Japan. The SB-3 which I have and the SB-3. Note the underlined 3. Per TKS and also Studio B, these are two different models of the same head with the SB-3 weighing in at 340-345grams and the SB-3 weighing in at 350-355grams.

As you can see from my pics, I have a few blade putters. Probably a whole lot more since I last posted that old picture. If I had to compare the BB-2/DASS w/ copper face and this SB-3, I'd say the SB-3 is much firmer feeling. Probably due to the lack of the copper insert along with it feeling much more heavier. As it is now, the SB-3 extended from 34-35" is swingweighting at D8. I really feel the feeling of the SB-3 is much better then what I had in my BB2. I've never owned the Napa Valley so I can't compare it. I passed on it because I like a cleaner looking head on a blade with no sight lines or sight dots. I do have several Napa's from the 96-97 years and also the ACVII to compare it to though. I've always felt that the old Napa's had incredible feel as well as being one of the softest heads out there unless you were comparing it to an original 8802 which is the "king" of blades. The only thing I didn't like is the headweights on them are rather light. I'm pretty used to loading a blade putter with lead or counterbalancing them to give them the "heft" that I like. The ACVII is a good putter just that recently I've really come to like the older Napa's better. Although the ease of use and lack of upkeep are great, it's just become clicky and compared to the rest of the Napa's. I think any of my Cleveland "designed bys" can compete easily in feel with the ACVII which for blade lovers is a great thing because of the very economical prices on the used market. At this time though, the SB-3 is my favorite blade putter in my collection. The feel is super. I love the headweight and the finish which is actually darker looking in person then what shows in the pictures is just super looking.

Mjr...if you're asking about my TeI3 that I had redone in nickel satin, it's still very much the same feeling as it was when it was in the original finish. I chose to have it done in Thailand instead of the Cameron shop because at Cameron, they'll refinish the face which I feel is the key ingredient in the TeI3's. If you're asking about strictly Pro Plat's versus Studio Styles and Studio Stainless, I like the Pro Plats the best. I do think they feel much better then any of the other lines which is why those along with my Mil Specs are the only Camerons I've kept in my Cammy collection. As for which putter is my favorite, I have none. Probably why my collection is so big even though I've been tryign to sell some and thin it out. As I tell some of my friends no matter what, I can find myself catching fire with the flat stick on a front 9 with 12 putts and then find myself with 19 putts on the back. It really doesn't matter what I'm using they all work about the same for me. If anything I'll go with what's appealing to my eye that day then what's the most expensive or coolest.

The Cobra Speed LD has been a great addition to my bag. I really suck with fairway woods and I'm tired of trying to get the "bling"heads like TS X-ST's and other high line Japan heads. The 3 wood is already a club I rarely use in my bag but when I do, I want it to be super easy to hit and damn near bulletproof on the course. The Cobra hits high soft landing shots for me. Not the longest at all compared to other heads I've hit but really super easy to get up and straight. I usually use my 3 wood off the tee or when I do find a long and wide Par 5 here in Hawaii. Other then that I'll probably go to my TS Fut for control. The Cobra's been able to meet all my on course demands with ease and also give me a little confidence to go for it on holes I used to hit my hybrid on. It's got a deeper face then many people like in a 3 wood but I've had no problem with it. Of course it being a Cobra also comes with a louder sound at impact then many prefer but as long as it continues to go straiight, I can't see changing it in the near future.

The No1 or Ion grips are really a great addition. I had grown to be a great fan of the Iomics but when I tried the No1's, it was an easy decision to change to them. They are firm yet still soft and have the most incredible tackiness to them not found on the Iomics. I think they would be wonderful if it every rained here and they are so comfortable, their probably the only grip I'd consider to use without a glove.

As for Carlton's wedge grinds, they are easily the best grinds I've ever had on any wedge I've owned. This might seem as a bold statement considering I've had Tour Clevelands, Tour Callaway, Tour/Proto Vokey's and Tour Taylor Mades, but none has been able to work so well from any turf condition or lie. Carls grind gives a whole new meaning to solid. They allow you to really get excellent contact from fluffy lies and tight lies. I've never owned a wedge that does so much for me and allows me to make so many types of shots. It's really weird how well they work. I've told Carl that his wedges have allowed me to forget about "tour grooves" because they allow me to get "at" the ball so much better that spin is inevitable with the shot his wedges allow me to make. There is simply no better wedge grind or wedge grinder.

Again..thanks for the compliments guys. :atsg_smilie_onoff:

Edited by pitbull808

Bag pics updated again.....the big addition....ONOFF Plus Forged CB"s and ONOFF bag. :atsg_smilie_onoff:

With all the changed I've made in irons in the last two months, with TS Xblade CB2's and the Srixon I506's...this is easily the best change I've made and will probably stick in there for a long time.

Pit - Can you elaborate on the OnOffs and why they satisfy you compared to the countless other JDM iron you have had?

Bag pics updated again.....the big addition....ONOFF Plus Forged CB"s and ONOFF bag. :atsg_smilie_onoff:

With all the changed I've made in irons in the last two months, with TS Xblade CB2's and the Srixon I506's...this is easily the best change I've made and will probably stick in there for a long time.

As for Carlton's wedge grinds, they are easily the best grinds I've ever had on any wedge I've owned. This might seem as a bold statement considering I've had Tour Clevelands, Tour Callaway, Tour/Proto Vokey's and Tour Taylor Mades, but none has been able to work so well from any turf condition or lie. Carls grind gives a whole new meaning to solid. They allow you to really get excellent contact from fluffy lies and tight lies. I've never owned a wedge that does so much for me and allows me to make so many types of shots. It's really weird how well they work. I've told Carl that his wedges have allowed me to forget about "tour grooves" because they allow me to get "at" the ball so much better that spin is inevitable with the shot his wedges allow me to make. There is simply no better wedge grind or wedge grinder.

awesome i am so excited. cant wait til these chikara wedges come out.! im in need of a wedge that can be versatile enough for all kinds of conditions. im still unable to find a wedge that will guarantee me decent shots at extremely tight lies. thsi could be the one:)

reid, thats an awesome of collection. enough to last a liftetime. do you get to play with all your babies? im curious what putter gets the most greentime?

Pit - Can you elaborate on the OnOffs and why they satisfy you compared to the countless other JDM iron you have had?

bogey....now that I've had a few rounds under my belt with the ONOFF's, I can probably answer your question a whole lot better then when I had only a few sessions in the net.

A little background.....most of you know I go though a lot of equipment during a year. Pretty crazy amounts considering I'm not in the business of "golf" but just a crazy nut golfer. I'm not afraid to buy something just on looks alone. There have been many additions to my bag by just seeing a picture somewhere, TSG, tourspecgolf, Japan Golf Magazines and I "need" to get that club. The ONOFF irons were just one of those sets. As soon as I saw the ONOFF irons last year, I was attempting to get it. As soon as I came across a set and was able to actually try it out first for once, I found that they were even better then I expected. I've known about ONOFF clubs for ages because a few friends are on Staff with them. So I've always "coveted" their sets because the looks were always nice and the quality seemed first rate. Now here was a set that I had liked initially at first site from a magazine but have now learned to love after taking them on a few "dates".

I've always felt that Tourstage and Mizuno were some of the softest grinds available. Hence my many sets of Miz and TS. Although I had tried a few G Fields, PRGR, Royal Collection, Fourteen, XXIO, Srixon, S Yard, J's, Maruman, Miura, Honma, and Beres, Miz and TS were always my favorite. The ONOFF's have easily replaced my TS/Miz love.

They are very soft irons. I know everyone claims an iron is soft but hitting a pure shot with the ONOFF really is different for me. Just a really great clean, crisp feel. The Labo Spec shafts I have in them have a super feel better then the NSPRO's that I had learned to love. The forgiveness on these CB's are spectacular. I've been actually going through a swing "funk" and I've found that heel/toe shots are travelling great with hardly any loss of yards and my dispersion has been super. These irons are much more forgiving then my TS XBCB2's which is understandable because their a little fatter in the sole, but I'd have to put them right there with the TSXBCB2's in workability. I'm able to hit them high/low and left/right with ease. But the real kicker is when I miss them, the misses are forgiving. I'm not way out in left field as I found myself with the XBCB. If I had to, I'd put them right between a TS Viq and the XBCB2 lineup. Forgiving yet with player characteristics.

I can easily see myself playing with this set for quite a long time. I hope that anwers your questions. :atsg_smilie_prgr:

bogey....now that I've had a few rounds under my belt with the ONOFF's, I can probably answer your question a whole lot better then when I had only a few sessions in the net.

A little background.....most of you know I go though a lot of equipment during a year. Pretty crazy amounts considering I'm not in the business of "golf" but just a crazy nut golfer. I'm not afraid to buy something just on looks alone. There have been many additions to my bag by just seeing a picture somewhere, TSG, tourspecgolf, Japan Golf Magazines and I "need" to get that club. The ONOFF irons were just one of those sets. As soon as I saw the ONOFF irons last year, I was attempting to get it. As soon as I came across a set and was able to actually try it out first for once, I found that they were even better then I expected. I've known about ONOFF clubs for ages because a few friends are on Staff with them. So I've always "coveted" their sets because the looks were always nice and the quality seemed first rate. Now here was a set that I had liked initially at first site from a magazine but have now learned to love after taking them on a few "dates".

I've always felt that Tourstage and Mizuno were some of the softest grinds available. Hence my many sets of Miz and TS. Although I had tried a few G Fields, PRGR, Royal Collection, Fourteen, XXIO, Srixon, S Yard, J's, Maruman, Miura, Honma, and Beres, Miz and TS were always my favorite. The ONOFF's have easily replaced my TS/Miz love.

They are very soft irons. I know everyone claims an iron is soft but hitting a pure shot with the ONOFF really is different for me. Just a really great clean, crisp feel. The Labo Spec shafts I have in them have a super feel better then the NSPRO's that I had learned to love. The forgiveness on these CB's are spectacular. I've been actually going through a swing "funk" and I've found that heel/toe shots are travelling great with hardly any loss of yards and my dispersion has been super. These irons are much more forgiving then my TS XBCB2's which is understandable because their a little fatter in the sole, but I'd have to put them right there with the TSXBCB2's in workability. I'm able to hit them high/low and left/right with ease. But the real kicker is when I miss them, the misses are forgiving. I'm not way out in left field as I found myself with the XBCB. If I had to, I'd put them right between a TS Viq and the XBCB2 lineup. Forgiving yet with player characteristics.

I can easily see myself playing with this set for quite a long time. I hope that anwers your questions. :atsg_smilie_prgr:

reid, i too have been eyeing the on/offs. this doesnt exactly help my list for jdm gear :tsg_smilie_blackeye:maybe in the future though as ive already pulled the trigger on some epons. Im fact the on/offs were my second chooice. J.K nice review though. i am still yet to find an iron i can consider soft, hopefuly the epons will.

• 5 years later...

now................... people theeeeeeeeeeeeeeese days say i have a problem with stuff..

check the putter collection here..

this is my wildest dream!

what awsome piccys as well...... wheres mr pittbull gone?

Edited by supo67

He's still over on Gwrx.

I like how the picture looks like an ONOFF promotional brochure pic!