660TR ????

dadriver

I picked up a Fuji 660TR (pull) so that I could put it in a brand new Tourstage XDriver 365. Sweet combo, right?

Now I know from ALL my experience with Tourstage drivers that they require .335 tipped shafts. I am under the assumption that ALL 660TR are TourSpec and that all TourSpec shafts are .335 tips. Am I wrong here? Okay, then why doesn't my shaft insert into my new head?

What's more...I have a GD YS-6 that (if memory serves me) I pulled from one of the j340s I bought before; I've only owned Tourstage or Titleist drivers in the past 3 years so I know this shaft comes from a Tourstage. It is also .335. It doesn't fit the XD-365 either.

So I find another shaft hiding in the garage, a Rifle graphite--don't know where in the hell I got that from. Anyway, it fits!!! I checked the Rifle web site and it's .335.

What's going on here? Why doesn't my 660TR fit the X-Drive?

I picked up a Fuji 660TR (pull) so that I could put it in a brand new Tourstage XDriver 365. Sweet combo, right?

Now I know from ALL my experience with Tourstage drivers that they require .335 tipped shafts. I am under the assumption that ALL 660TR are TourSpec and that all TourSpec shafts are .335 tips. Am I wrong here? Okay, then why doesn't my shaft insert into my new head?

What's more...I have a GD YS-6 that (if memory serves me) I pulled from one of the j340s I bought before; I've only owned Tourstage or Titleist drivers in the past 3 years so I know this shaft comes from a Tourstage. It is also .335. It doesn't fit the XD-365 either.

So I find another shaft hiding in the garage, a Rifle graphite--don't know where in the hell I got that from. Anyway, it fits!!! I checked the Rifle web site and it's .335.

What's going on here? Why doesn't my 660TR fit the X-Drive?

is the .335 shafts too small to fit in the hosel? the only time ive see this happen is with my r5 dual tp's, they are sopposed to be .335 tip but it is tood big to fit it smoothly & can fit a .350 in there snug, the .335 shaft needed a shim that was filed down to fit the sopposidly .335 hosel. a lot of tour heads are going to .350 tips no, cleveland, ping, ect. i wouldnt worry about it, just make sure you have someone who knows what there doing so they dont just toss you shafts with tons of epoxy so it fits. shim the shaft then sand it down little by little until its snug, or you can by epoxy with "beeds" (small little balls) that fill the gap between the shaft & hosel so you dont need a shim. just got a new holy grail with a 660tr, sweet shafts. hope this helps

From what you are saying, it sounds to me that its too tight to fit?? Is that correct or is it loose.

Easy way to check, use some calipers to measure the bore.

Some head bores come oversized slightly, or a club builder can ream open a bore a little bit, making it loose.

If its too tight measure the shaft tip, what is tipped a lot?

It can be sanded down.

Matt

Hi Dwayne:

Sounds like you guessed it. It has been tipped too much. Maybe they had it in a .350 hosel or just cut it when it was pulled.

His BSG add said it was untipped. If this is true I am ASTOUNDED that this is a .350 tip 660TR...I didn't know they existed.

Anyone ever sand down a .350 tip? Should I try this or just sell it as a .350 shaft?

Thanks for your thoughts.

Hi Dwayne:

Sounds like you guessed it. It has been tipped too much. Maybe they had it in a .350 hosel or just cut it when it was pulled.

His BSG add said it was untipped. If this is true I am ASTOUNDED that this is a .350 tip 660TR...I didn't know they existed.

Anyone ever sand down a .350 tip? Should I try this or just sell it as a .350 shaft?

Thanks for your thoughts.

sounds like it was in a 350 head & tipped to play stiffer & highten the kick point, id giv it a whirl if you have a head that will fit it, what do you have to lose, but i have seen this shaft with a .350 dia. also.