$10,000 T.W. JAT00

Precision

The putter sold for $10K. It is totally legit. As stated, the buyer called Scotty himself. Scotty comfirmed the authenticity, and rarity of the putter.

With a LOA from Cameron, and a letter from Scotty stating the uniqueness of this putter, this putter maybe worth over $10k. This is a one of a kind putter made by Scotty himself for Tiger....it is not Newport, it is a JAT TW. Not sure you can even put a price on that. Limited edition replica TW putters were selling for $3000-$4000. This is a one of a kind, hand made.... :surprize:

I've spoken with Scotty a few times. Tiger uses a 35" putter at D1. That is why the bottom is ground out. The reason for the Dots on his current putter was for the same Reason. Just to reduce the weight. But Scotty didnt want to re-mill the sole so he went with the Dots.

Just curious if anybody wondered why there was a huge ridge ground in the bottom.

Cheers,

Erich

I've spoken with Scotty a few times. Tiger uses a 35" putter at D1. That is why the bottom is ground out. The reason for the Dots on his current putter was for the same Reason. Just to reduce the weight. But Scotty didnt want to re-mill the sole so he went with the Dots.

Just curious if anybody wondered why there was a huge ridge ground in the bottom.

Cheers,

Erich

Wow Good Info! :smile1:

HMMMM....Ask Demo if he's ever owned it :laugh:

Not that one. It's a cool putter, but I am not into putters made for a tour pro that are a completely different than the one they actually put in play. While that putter was made for TW, there was no way he would ever play it or play a similar set up. That alone turns me away from any idea of $10,000 for a putter.

But people are crazy, more power to them. I cannot knock them. Thing is about Scotty's made for TW, there are more out there than one would think. I have had two pass through my hands and it was not hard to part with them. I was able to sell the putters, and buy 20 other tour camerons. And after further trading, in the end I still ended up with a two GSS Newports that were identical to TW's current putter. The only difference was no Tiger Woods stamped into the bumper. And guess what? I sold two of those too. Simply because the offers were too good to pass up.

As a longtime collector of Cameron's some days I have a lot of passion, other days I don't care. It's cool when you uncover a rare putter, or one with a story behind it. But to throw around $10K just because you can to get a putter no one else has. I have been there, done that; that part of collecting is long gone for me.

The only made for TW putter you would ever find in my collection is the one in his bag. Without some documented wins in the putter, it's not worth the crazy prices out there.

There's a lot of clowns out there making Scotty Cameron a rich man and he's playing these clowns like bitches!

Not bad for a coman that made a life from copying a true genius like Karsten Solhiem