Mizuno Super 11 - opinions ( sticky has pic)

markooo

Hi. I have a set of Super 11s. Does anyone know if these are a high quality Mizuno or ????

I ask because I know they make the US, Japan and European models and some designs are very similar and have different model #s on them.

PICTURE - Sticky's Tour pictures shows this model - 6th page, a few items under Evolution Shaft- "Super 11" hard to read - ebay auction #7134675468

Thanks,Mark.

I have a set that I have been playing for a few months now. I paid $225 and they were an easy 9/10 conition with graphite shafts (I think so cheap because not a lot of players are consistent enough to hit them). They would feel harsh to not being pured consitently. They are the Holy Grail to me. (head size, shape, offset, weight, size and position of muscleback, toe shape, EVERYTHING) I replaced the graphite with x100's and it is so nice to not have a club loaded with lead tape. I love my irons heavy and they are right @ D7 with the steel. They are a Japanese issue from back in the mid 90's I believe. I have had a ton of mizuno's over the years and these are the cream (mp14, mp33, mp9, tn 87, mp29) I think that they feel slightly better than the tn 87's. They are the least forgiving of the bunch and will require very consistent ball striking. I am a big fan and think that you should givet them a try if you get a chance.

I concur with SmittyGT 100%. IMHGO,the Super 11 are very,very underrated,mainly because the TN-87 get most of the acclaim.

The Super 11 have a dull, nickel finish and are heavy and soft as you probably imagined they would be.

The top line is a fraction thinner than the TN-87 and the offset is minimal.

Hope this helps!

Glad to hear positive opinions. I have most older sets ( MS 3, MP 4, MS 4 Paynes winning model, MS 5, MS 7 and SPLs) ...and one Custom set which I will post pics later. The Super 11s were a more modern design for me so glad they are rated so well. I hit them once and thought they were nice. All other sets are satin or chrome so the golden finish on "Super 11s" caused a mental suspicion about there caliber.