what is the most illegal....longest driver available

plus1

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do believe it is highly dependent on your swing speed and tempo of your golf swing.

Any further information?

A good place to start for potential candidates is the USGA website that not only lists but provides pictures of the drivers deemed illegal.

Hope this helps.

t-md

Callaway claims that the ERC HOT is the highest COR driver ever made. Hope that helps. :cool:

bumpNrun i dunno about the ERC HOT but im certainly gettin HOT with your pic! lol

ERC HOT is meant to be very long....but theres bound to be an import driver that blows it away!

i have a fairly slow swing with smooth tempo, smooth transaction. ss is roughly 100 with driver....

can any one help me with this? i want something that is scarey long....i have a slow smooth swing and need all the extra yards i can!!!!

Check out the OnOFF drivers. Apparently highest COR on the (Japanese) market at 0.89... They look great and I would have bought one if they had a conforming model.

http://www.daiwaseiko.co.jp/onoff/index.html

thanks taip i will do......

because illegal drivers are very high cor does this mean that they will sound horrendously loud or is it possible to get a high cor driver with the muted sound and solid feel?

currently im looking at ....

ERC HOT

Nike DFI

R7 MAX

Tourstage xd2 405 or viq

thanks taip i will do......

because illegal drivers are very high cor does this mean that they will sound horrendously loud or is it possible to get a high cor driver with the muted sound and solid feel?

currently im looking at ....

ERC HOT

Nike DFI

R7 MAX

Tourstage xd2 405 or viq

The OnOFFs are supposed to be loud. However, the X-Drive 405 was fine - sound was not muted but not loud in any sense.

BTW, The ERC HOT is an import. This was built specifically for the Japanese market. Chris is the one who was saying this is the longest high COR that he has hit. The X-Drive2 405 HR is SUPER long also!! Thanks for the kudos on the Avatar! That is Asuka Tamaguchi.....my favorite!!!! :surprize: :surprize:

lol think she would be alot of peoples favourite bumpnrun lol!!!!!

thanks for the info chris....have you hit either the ONOFF or the Yamaha yet? and do you know if they give that awful tinny, hollow feeling at impact?

really what i want to know is what is the longest most solid feeling driver... :cool:

The ERC Hot looks like the BB Fusion FT-3. Unless you allow somebody to inspect the driver upclose, you could get away with it. If you get an ERC Hot, just call Callaway and have them send you a BB Fusion headcover.....heh.....heh.......talk about being inconspicuous.

lol may be worth a try! at the minute im thinking erc hot, x18 or a tourstage either 450 viq or the xd2! shafted with an axiv.....

too much to choose from  :laugh:  :cool:

Give the Srixon W505 a thought. Haven't hit a Srixon club I didn't like and have a conforming W505 on the way... :love:

cool taipani il look into one also!  

how did u rate the x drive 2 when u owned one...feel, distance, forgiveness? and how did it perform with the axiv shaft?

Nice solid feel. Good distance. However I believe non-conforming drivers are more erratic and don't provide the consistency. Nonetheless, it was a very good driver to me. The AXIV shaft did absolutely nothing for me so I've ordered my W505 with a Diamana which I tried out and liked. JUst for a change from the Tour ADs.

what did u not like about the axiv? i have not hit one yet but want to due to their glowing reports! same with the tour ads especially the w60 shaft! i currently am using a diamana ion 83 and love the feel of it!

i know what you mean about the illegal high CORs beeeing irratic, i also find that they feel and sound horrible in comparison......

what did u not like about the axiv? i have not hit one yet but want to due to their glowing reports! same with the tour ads especially the w60 shaft! i currently am using a diamana ion 83 and love the feel of it!

i know what you mean about the illegal high CORs beeeing irratic, i also find that they feel and sound horrible in comparison......

Didn't like the feel and it added no distance. Perhaps I had the wrong specs. The W70 is also a great shaft.

• 3 weeks later...
Where can you get the OnOffs?  There are two, the Red and Black.  

Which is the longer of the two?

Thank you

I dont know which is longer but I can get them for you if interested.

:laugh: :love: :surprize: the maruman 380cc driver is illegal and i got one for my wife who kills it.it makes a pretty loud sound but not any louder than the cobra 427 legal driver,except the maruman has a nice pitch to it.i forget the name of the driver off the top of my head,but i believe it starts with an E.you can find those pretty cheap on e-bay,but you will need to put a better shaft in it.hope that helps