what is the most illegal....longest driver available

plus1

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 years later...
:laugh: :love: :surprize: the maruman 380cc driver is illegal and i got one for my wife who kills it.it makes a pretty loud sound but not any louder than the cobra 427 legal driver,except the maruman has a nice pitch to it.i forget the name of the driver off the top of my head,but i believe it starts with an E.you can find those pretty cheap on e-bay,but you will need to put a better shaft in it.hope that helps

Maruman Exim Nano? Yeah, I got one. Pretty long for a slow swinger.

• 4 years later...

Is the 2005 Inpres 405D the highest COR driver available? It is advertised at over 0.875. All of the 2006 models are conforming.

this is a 7 year old thread...there are plenty of drivers now offered at .88cor!

i don't have a list but i know kamui works, ryoma, and romaro have hi-cor drivers.

i just listed a nearly new kamui works for sale recently...

Wow this post is 7 years old!

Today's hottest high COR driver is the Ryoma Special Tune although there are many out there. Geotech makes some ridiculously HOT drivers as well. Still it all depends on what type of head you want to play also.

I checked out the ryoma website:

http://www.ryomagolf.co.jp/products/sptg.html

It is listed as a .870 COR head but it also says that it can't be used for swingspeeds over 46 m/s (103 mph). It's also quite a bit out of my price range. I was looking for something under $200. My friend is going to Japan for a business trip next week and I will have him look for some used 2005 models.

I checked out the ryoma website:

http://www.ryomagolf.co.jp/products/sptg.html

It is listed as a .870 COR head but it also says that it can't be used for swingspeeds over 46 m/s (103 mph). It's also quite a bit out of my price range. I was looking for something under $200. My friend is going to Japan for a business trip next week and I will have him look for some used 2005 models.

Something under $200?? Hmmm

That being said, I do think its pretty deep and a bit freaky that a guy dug up a thread from 2005 and his interest is about a 2005 driver. Kinda spooky sh*t on Halloween night!

Wow....talking about 'waking up the dead'

Talking about waking the dead, Ed, do you remember the old JDM TM XR driver? It was one of the best hi cor driver out there at the time.

Edited by Duffer19

Here's a used 405d for a steal of a price. Just because its jdm doesn't mean it has to be expensive. I hope my buddy can go pick this up in person because he won't have a shipping address.

http://www.golfpartner.jp/html/item/024/104/item3047344.html

I bought mine for 80,000 yen back in 05.

Been gaming mine and only stopped using a month ago

So I've found a few 2005 models that are high COR:

Yamaha 405D (listed at over 0.875)

ONOFF Driver (0.870?)

Srixon W-505 (0.860+?)

The cors for the ONOFF and W505 are just speculative numbers I've found online. If anyone has information on the actual cor values for these clubs, please let me know. As far as I can tell, Yamaha is the only company that actually advertises the cor value. On their 2004 inpres D model, it is even inscribed "over 0.870" on the sole of the club.

I found a ebay store selling so many different types of .900 COR drivers. I wonder if these are legit?

http://stores.ebay.c...=p2047675.l2563

Looks a little fishy.

Yes if you like clones.

Spend some time reading up and learning about JDM clubs. I don't suggest going with an older 2005 high cor head. So much has changed since then.

I play clone irons heads made by gigagolf and get exactly the same performance out of them as the expensive brands. Irons are really just blocks of milled steel and there's been little advances in technology in recent years. Anybody can forge or cast a block of steel and mill it out.

The real benefits of jdm equipment comes from the drivers, fairway, and hybrid heads. This is where clone heads just can't compete with the best technology. I know this because I've been using a 2007 inpresX 460D for the past 3 years. I've also found Srixon fairways and hybrids to be the best performing and one can argue those are the closest one can get to jdm clubs in the us market.

The reason I want a 2005 hi cor driver is because that was the last year that they were legal and even the pros were using them. Post 2005 hi cor models are just niche products made for cheaters.

I play clone irons heads made by gigagolf and get exactly the same performance out of them as the expensive brands. Irons are really just blocks of milled steel and there's been little advances in technology in recent years. Anybody can forge or cast a block of steel and mill it out.

The real benefits of jdm equipment comes from the drivers, fairway, and hybrid heads. This is where clone heads just can't compete with the best technology. I know this because I've been using a 2007 inpresX 460D for the past 3 years. I've also found Srixon fairways and hybrids to be the best performing and one can argue those are the closest one can get to jdm clubs in the us market.

The reason I want a 2005 hi cor driver is because that was the last year that they were legal and even the pros were using them. Post 2005 hi cor models are just niche products made for cheaters.

Sigh.... Yes so please read up and learn more about how golf clubs are made and where they are made. Irons are not all the same, Not just anyone can forge a head. In fact no foundry can do what ENDO does.

Your comment on Hi COR, HCR is HCR, it doesn't matter when it was made. If your going to discriminate against clubs based on the year they were built then your not really looking for the best club possible. bottom line is you would be playing one today.

HCR clubs today are more forgiving and longer than HCR clubs in 2005.

Yes, and a Mclaren F1 is just a car!

I went off topic mentioning the irons, lets just keep this focused on the hicor drivers. I was looking for post 2005 hicor models and there are very few available. The big manufacturers stopped making them and only a few small companies make them at 460cc. They may have become more forgiving, but not necessarily longer if they can't hold up to high clubhead speeds. As far as I know, the 2005 models from Yamaha, Srixon, ONOFF don't have speed limits.

And how can I justify the price difference?

Go with Geotech for HCR. But if your looking for 200 bucks or under all you can do is go for 2005 or clone heads.

I would suggest going newer conforming than 2005 HCR.

HCR made before 2005 is still not rules compliant today. So just because it was made before COR was regulated does not make it legal today. Same goes for the grooves, iron with loft > 24* made before 2010 still can't be played it in sanctioned events…

If your objective is to be long irrelevant of the rules, than HCR it is. Those made today might not be "longer" but the more forgiving nature of the head means even the mis**ts go farther straighter. If price is your primary consideration before performance and $200 is your limit than older clubs are your best bet on the JDM front. Should you be willing to open your wallet and your mind than there are a myriad of other options both HCR and conforming that could help you get the distance you desire...