Opinions needed Miura CB1005 vs. Miura CB201

mobonic

I'm looking to purchase one of these clubs. Can anyone give me some opinions on the pro and cons of each style. is one softer or better feeling. I have heard that the CB1005 Japan models are a bit softer.

Also what are the playing difference between the tow and which one would be your choice.

Thanks for the input

Also I was wondering if anyone had shaft recomendation on the Project X vs. Nippon on the Miuras.

I'm looking to purchase one of these clubs. Can anyone give me some opinions on the pro and cons of each style. is one softer or better feeling. I have heard that the CB1005 Japan models are a bit softer.

Also what are the playing difference between the tow and which one would be your choice.

Thanks for the input

Also I was wondering if anyone had shaft recomendation on the Project X vs. Nippon on the Miuras.

They are basically the same club. they feel and play the same etc.. take a look at the new models on the Japan miura website I hear they are much more forgiving.

The North American Miura rep told me that the 201's had a sole grind more suitable for the sandy turf that good courses in the U.S. have. The 1005's allegedly have a sole better suited for turf that "explodes" and doesn't hold together, which he said is the norm in Japan.

Check out old threads on the PX vs. NS Pro debate; there have been many over the past year. The PX's have a distinctly different feel and ball-flight that is not at all bad but, unless you are a hard swinger, you'll probably prefer the NS Pro's. If you do get the PX, go down at least one flex (if you are a 6.0 Rifle, go 5.0 PX).

Jeff

The North American Miura rep told me that the 201's had a sole grind more suitable for the sandy turf that good courses in the U.S. have. The 1005's allegedly have a sole better suited for turf that "explodes" and doesn't hold together, which he said is the norm in Japan.

Check out old threads on the PX vs. NS Pro debate; there have been many over the past year. The PX's have a distinctly different feel and ball-flight that is not at all bad but, unless you are a hard swinger, you'll probably prefer the NS Pro's. If you do get the PX, go down at least one flex (if you are a 6.0 Rifle, go 5.0 PX).

Jeff

I have heard the same thing, and havent seen the difference when hitting both side by side.

Having said that, I believe Katsuhiro Miura himself said that the CB201 was the finest iron he'd ever made.

IMO If thats the best Iron Miura has made, then the entire line is stuck at decent.