Nippon Shaft NS PRO M266V

corky3

I had the same problem. I was looking at a set of the new X-Blades that came with this shaft, but the only information (in English) that I found was at... umm... HERE! It was deeply hidden within Chris' blogs, but I can't seem to find it anymore.

I remember it said something like the "M" stands for Maruyama, the "266" is to commemorate his score of 266 somewhere, but I can't remember what the "V" stands for.

The shafts are designed to elevate long-iron shots, but keep short irons low, much like TT's Tour Concept. However, the long irons are also designed to be heavier. I don't quite understand this, but then again, I don't understand Maruyama's preference for a C9 swingweight in his wedge either.

Anybody else want to chime in?

I had the same problem. I was looking at a set of the new X-Blades that came with this shaft, but the only information (in English) that I found was at... umm... HERE! It was deeply hidden within Chris' blogs, but I can't seem to find it anymore.

I remember it said something like the "M" stands for Maruyama, the "266" is to commemorate his score of 266 somewhere, but I can't remember what the "V" stands for.

The shafts are designed to elevate long-iron shots, but keep short irons low, much like TT's Tour Concept. However, the long irons are also designed to be heavier. I don't quite understand this, but then again, I don't understand Maruyama's preference for a C9 swingweight in his wedge either.

266 was his score when he won his first PGA tournament, the 2001 Greater Milwaukee Open. V stands for Victory!

Thanks,

Bert-B

Yes your correct, it is a reverse weight flow set slightly heavier in the long irons.

The C9 swingweight is because he is used to playing with a shortened ladies wedge when he was a kid...something like that

All great info.... thanks

why would TS offer such a specific set of shaft preferences to the general public? Is it for Maru wannabees??

Kind of....they are limited production, something like 300 sets that comes with a Maru short game instructional DVD

300 sets? You're talking about the Maru wedges, not the new X-Blades, right?

BTW, nice to "meet" you Aluinser. Nice to see HK'ers here, other than Taipanli!!! :cool: :wink:

• 7 months later...

I can tell you a little about them. I have them in my TourStage X-blade 2's. They are a reverse weight flow shaft and they are made by Nippon Shaft exclusively for TourStage. Last summer while in Japan I fell in love with the look of these X-blades. I had used Titleist 690.MB's. I bought this set (X-blade 2) from Chris a few months back. I was looking for something different in terms of the shaft from x-100's which I have pretty much always played with. I wrote to Nippon Shaft and they told me they (M266V x-stiff) are 115 gm with a mid-high kickpoint. They also said they could not be ordered separately since they are made only for TourStage. I took them to a local clubmaker who does a lot of work for me said they measured D-3 at stock. Since I wasn't able to get them custom to my specs I had the clubmaker add one inch to every club. Now they fit me just fine. They are slightly lighter in weight but not too much. I can say that the overall feel of the entire club is much improved. I have no difference in length but my dipersion pattern is much improved. I am definitely much more accurate with them. As far as trajectory, slightly higher than x-100's but I can work it low or high depending on what I'm trying to do on a particular shot. When I was contemplating purchasing this set I looked at Nippon Shafts but I didn't want to go too much lighter than what I was accustomed to. I didn't want to go with 950. I must say in the short time I have had them I find them to be a much better shaft than the x-100's I used to play with. This is only my opinion and my game. I'm not sure what others may think or how they would fit someone else's game. I like heavy feeling clubs and these do fit me there, but at the same time they have a lightness about them as well. I don't think I'm conveying what I'm trying to say except just to say they just have a much enhanced feel about them while at the same time being a comfortable weight. When I get the time I know I should take them and have them measured as far as swingweight and cpm's to see how well they match in the set. I can say that these will be in the bag for quite some time. I really can't say enough about them.

Hope this helps. :tsg_smiley_japan::atsg_smilie_tourstage:

:atsg_logo_anim: Blader-X (a new TSG ho)

• 2 weeks later...

When you say the x-blade 2 I assume you mean the blade (not cb)? - I used ot have some nike blades, which I now miss, and then went to mizuno mp33/37 combo - preferred nikes, now on guage nc1s, I am now stuck between the xblade 2 blade and cbs - leanign towards the blade.......with the probably the above shaft - currently got 1150 Xs in the nc1s and they are pretty good.... - jsut want more feedbakc on the xblades please :)

tia

If you want heavy long irons and light short irons then the M266V is for you.

Chris, are you still using 1150s??

How does the M266V compare??

Pros and cons??

Chris, are you still using 1150s??

How does the M266V compare??

Pros and cons??

Yes 1150 Stiff it still is!

M266V is terrible IMO, to put it simply just imagine lighter short irons and heavier long irons. Reverse weight flow, I have tried it and it throws everything off for me. They were created for Maruyama cause he enjoys his lob wedge at C9.

Yes 1150 Stiff it still is!

M266V is terrible IMO, to put it simply just imagine lighter short irons and heavier long irons. Reverse weight flow, I have tried it and it throws everything off for me. They were created for Maruyama cause he enjoys his lob wedge at C9.

Honest opinion.

I like D6 Wedges, so no good for me either!

When you say the x-blade 2 I assume you mean the blade (not cb)? - I used ot have some nike blades, which I now miss, and then went to mizuno mp33/37 combo - preferred nikes, now on guage nc1s, I am now stuck between the xblade 2 blade and cbs - leanign towards the blade.......with the probably the above shaft - currently got 1150 Xs in the nc1s and they are pretty good.... - jsut want more feedbakc on the xblades please :)

tia

Pucci,

Yes, the X-blade 2's I have are the blades and not the cb's. I like very thin toplines and have yet to see a cavity back which fits my eye, although the X-blade cb's do look pretty good. I posted a review in the iron review section of this forum and I believe its still there. Basically, its been about 4 months now that I've been playing these clubs and I do really like them. My dispersion pattern is much better than my former clubs (690.MB's). Cavity backs are probably easier clubs to hit but I just like the look of blades so much better that its hard for me to even consider cavity backs, even though I might do better with them. Just because I don't play or practice everyday as I once did. As I said I saw these clubs in Japan last year and couldn't get them out my mind. I was considering actually going with a cavity back late last year. I was demoing some Nakashima NP-1 irons but just couldn't get past the thick topline and reduced feel. So I started to search for the X-blades, came across this site and the rest is history. Love the look and feel of these irons, there may be better feeling clubs, but I haven't come across them yet (Hopefully I won't I don't need to spend anymore cash!) :tsg_smilie_money3: The X-blades are slightly smaller than than the Titleist I used to have. I have never hit the NC-1's so I'm not able to compare there. Please read the review I posted and if you have any further questions, just ask. By the way, how do you like the 1150's in your irons?

Blader-X

1150s are gr8, prefer over my old x100s - but they were in my mizuno mp33/37 combp set and wasn't overly keen on the blubs ( got x100s in my maru specs and they are solid) - if I had to choose would go 1150s - going to go m266v in the xbaldes( you've sold me - just need to sell nc1s first :()....

Edited by pucci

1150s are gr8, prefer over my old x100s - but they were in my mizuno mp33/37 combp set and wasn't overly keen on the blubs ( got x100s in my maru specs and they are solid) - if I had to choose would go 1150s - going to go m266v in the xbaldes( you've sold me - just need to sell nc1s first :()....

I hope that you enjoy them as much as I have. When I ordered the X-blades the 1150's weren't an option so I decided to go with the M266V's. I had always used X-100's and really wanted something different. Overall I really like them and haven't really noticed that much of weight difference with the higher irons. But if a problem, I suppose one could change out the shafts in the higher irons. From PW to 5 iron I love the feel of them. I don't hit my 4 iron all that much. I have G-Field wedge head coming soon so I think I'm going with an 1150 in that since I too like heavy feeling wedges. Have fun.

:atsg_smilie_tourstage::tsg_smiley_sun: