Best wedge shafts and why?

Guest kegolfball

Guest kegolfball

I amlooking for great shafts for my scoring clubs.... I am just not going to stand for the TT wedge flex shaft anymore. :)

Just curious for some suggestions and opions. Thanks. :smile2:

rifle spinners!!! excellent wedge shafts... :cool: great feel and perfect for half shots or touch shots... not too stiff and not loose at all.. what flex do you play in your irons>> kind and flex...

Perhaps NS Pro 1150s.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Guest kegolfball
rifle spinners!!! excellent wedge shafts... :cool: great feel and perfect for half shots or touch shots... not too stiff and not loose at all.. what flex do you play in your irons>> kind and flex...

Rifle Tour Flighted 6.0....

Its like anything else, get somthing that fits your swing best, The only way to find out for sure is to hit everything you can get your hands on. In my case its the basic S200 shaft that gives me the best results.

i have a project x in my 59, and i hate it. i really need to change it soon. personally i suggest you don't get it.

I put a project x in a Titleist David Duval 59*, and haven't liked the club ever since :mad:

Personally I think there is more feel to both the DGs and the Nippons, than the Rifles.

Just my 2 cents worth.

kegolf..

everyone speaks the truth.. alot of shafts out there and it's all a feel issue. i used to have dg s300's.. have tried > new super lites, mfs 115, penley IMS heavy, ust 115's, projext x 5.5 and now spinners 5.5 and 4.5 in my 60*..... i do not have alot of experience with nippon shafts - but know they are well made... just a suggestion.. if you have the flighted 6.0's than look into the spinner 6.0's and maybe even the 5.5 for the lowest wedge loft>> ie> 60* or 64*.. my reasoning > this wedge is more used for half shots and a stiffer flex usually does'nt work best.. this is what i think and may be different for others.. thanks

kegolf..

everyone speaks the truth.. alot of shafts out there and it's all a feel issue. i used to have dg s300's.. have tried > new super lites, mfs 115, penley IMS heavy, ust 115's, projext x 5.5 and now spinners 5.5 and 4.5 in my 60*..... i do not have alot of experience with nippon shafts - but know they are well made... just a suggestion.. if you have the flighted 6.0's than look into the spinner 6.0's and maybe even the 5.5 for the lowest wedge loft>> ie> 60* or 64*.. my reasoning > this wedge is more used for half shots and a stiffer flex usually does'nt work best.. this is what i think and may be different for others.. thanks

While I prefer DGS300 in my irons, it's either the same or sometimes a stiffer X100 shaft in my wedges. Weaker shafts reduce my feel by flexing too much to control the head consistently. I like my wedges to be heavy and weaker shafts feel unpredictable on anyting more than 1/4 swings. If I feel enough clubhead weight, the stiffer shaft doesn't impact my clubhead feel or control at all. That goes to show you it's all a personal choice. Nicklaus once wrote about increasing shaft stiffness as the irons get shorter to oncrease control vs. the opposite approach.

1150 sounds interesting. Any reviews?

I've put an 1150 NS Pro stiff in an old Wilson wedge and really like it. It seems reasonably lively. That said I have a DG S200 in my new wedge and like it as well.

There are a number of experts (Jedi, plus1 etc) using Nippons in their irons, but the DG S200 in their wedges.

I guess it gets back to personal preference, however my preference is either the Nippon or the DG S200

I amlooking for great shafts for my scoring clubs.... I am just not going to stand for the TT wedge flex shaft anymore. :)

I was wondering what don't you like about the TT wedge flex? I really like it, but am in the process of reshafting to some ns pro 1150's in some backups.

Guest kegolfball

I was wondering what don't you like about the TT wedge flex? I really like it, but am in the process of reshafting to some ns pro 1150's in some backups.

It is more that there is an ambiguous nature of "Wedge Flex" than anything. I know that sounds ridiculous but if they stated S200, S300 or something specific I would feel more comfortable with them. It is more of a paralysis by analyses issue really.

On the other hand I just tried Rifles for the first time in my irons and love them. I have always played S300 and they are fine but I really like these Rifles. Having said that, since I am trying shafts I thought why not try some in my wedges.

It is more that there is an ambiguous nature of "Wedge Flex" than anything. I know that sounds ridiculous but if they stated S200, S300 or something specific I would feel more comfortable with them. It is more of a paralysis by analyses issue really.

On the other hand I just tried Rifles for the first time in my irons and love them. I have always played S300 and they are fine but I really like these Rifles. Having said that, since I am trying shafts I thought why not try some in my wedges.

Mate, if you get a chance to test a NS Pro 1150, in any iron, I'm sure you would be impressed!!

Tour Concept S3

Has the feel of the NS Pro but the weight of a DG

It also gave me a more penetrating trajectory yet retains just as much if not more spin then any of the other wedge shafts except the spinners, those things are insane

jlww3

:confused: Who manufactures these?

Tour Concept S3

Has the feel of the NS Pro but the weight of a DG

It also gave me a more penetrating trajectory yet retains just as much if not more spin then any of the other wedge shafts except the spinners, those things are insane

jlww3

:confused: Who manufactures these?

True Temper. You can see them at www.tttourconcept.com

Thanks,

Bert-B

Guest kegolfball

Mate, if you get a chance to test a NS Pro 1150, in any iron, I'm sure you would be impressed!!

What is the difference in the 1150 and the 1050 ?

What is the difference in the 1150 and the 1050 ?

The 1150 and 1050 are indications of the weight in the shaft. The guys on the site can tell you the other differences, but I believe weight is the main one.