Tourspecgolfers WITB: October 2005

TourSpecGolfer

This was my bag as of last month. It is very much the same as it is now, except for a new 17* UX2 and an axiv shaft in my driver. I have had many other clubs but havent found a setup that works as well as this. The NC-1's have been in the bag longer than any other set of irons in several years. Everything is locked firm and not moving until I find better equipment. I will continue to buy one of each product I may think has a chance and I always hope I will find somthing better.

TSGbag.jpg

TSGbag1.jpg

TSGbag2.jpg

TSGbag3.jpg

NC1.jpg

NC12.jpg

NC13.jpg

NCPW.jpg

NCsole.jpg

TSGcovers.jpg

:love: Chris fantastic bag. Just some points you might like to comment on:

1) I notice that you changed your driver from the VIQ to the Srixon. What differences have you found?

2) You're playing the NS Pros in your 3 wood and utility clubs as opposed to grahite. What benefit has this provided?

3) You have created a combo set with your irons. What benefits have the MB2s given you in the short irons?

In my view feel and cosmetics are just as important as everything else, and while I am not prompting your answer, feel and cosmetics could be part of the answer.

PS Any idea what month Gauge will be releasing the new utility club?

PPS Happy that you have stayed loyal to your wedges. :wink:

Mine is fantastic!!

1) I notice that you changed your driver from the VIQ to the Srixon. What differences have you found?

2) You're playing the NS Pros in your 3 wood and utility clubs as opposed to grahite. What benefit has this provided?

3) You have created a combo set with your irons. What benefits have the MB2s given you in the short irons?

In my view feel and cosmetics are just as important as everything else, and while I am not prompting your answer, feel and cosmetics could be part of the answer.

Mine is fantastic!!

1) The W505 I have is non conforming its a tad hotter off the face. The performance difference would be the ViQ is more forgiving on toe and heel shots while the 505 is better with shots missed high or low on the face. The feel of the 505 is much better IMO.

2) The ball goes much more straight with the steel shaft. I value you accuracy in my 3 wood more than distance.

3) Im done with the combo, I am playing straight up NC-1's.

In regards to my wedges, as of today the GAS1-SQBT are in the bag, It took no time to get used to these because they are the same grind as the GAS1 Forged, plus milling marks, square grooves and the black finish. Oh yeah forgot to mention the head weight on the SQBT model seems a tad heavier.

In regards to my wedges, as of today the GAS1-SQBT are in the bag, It took no time to get used to these because they are the same grind as the GAS1 Forged, plus milling marks, square grooves and the black finish. Oh yeah forgot to mention the head weight on the SQBT model seems a tad heavier.

you have just cleared my mind...i was worrying i wouldnt like the rind on the sqbts as much as my current gas1s....so now im well chuffed!!! :laugh:

Mine is fantastic!!

1) The W505 I have is non conforming its a tad hotter off the face. The performance difference would be the ViQ is more forgiving on toe and heel shots while the 505 is better with shots missed high or low on the face. The feel of the 505 is much better IMO.

2) The ball goes much more straight with the steel shaft. I value you accuracy in my 3 wood more than distance.

3) Im done with the combo, I am playing straight up NC-1's.

:cool: Thanks Chris!!

Need more info on the staff bag - is it in the catalog ?

Is shipping killer on the bag to the U.S. ?

Staff bag is the japan only adidas black flad. this bag was the 05 model and the black color is completely sold out. i have been trying to get one, actually ordered one and was just to late. i was even prepared to pay the 105 shipping!!!!! :surprize:

Im still trying to talk chris into sellin me his, however shipping from Italy is proving a problem :mad:

• 2 weeks later...

Well I now have 1 full round and 3 range sessions with my Gauge Design MB-2's and they will be staying in the bag. I shafted them with the NS Pro 1150 Tour shafts and really like the feel. I didn't pickup that much distance vs. the DG S200's in my Tourstage X-Blade CB's, only about 3 or 4 yards. However, the trajectory is higher so the ball stops better on the greens. Also the shaft can "kick" in if you really step on it and get you some extra yardage.

I will say that the Tourstage X-Blade CB's are a tough club for me to pull out of the bag. They are my favorite clubs to date, and I have had several sets in the bag over the past 2 years. The GD MB-2's look very similar from the top, with the top line actually being slightly thicker on the MB-2's, and, of course, the MB-2's have the sharp angled toe, which I like.

Simply put, the GD MB-2's just feel better. Especially on mis**ts, they are a bit softer than the Tourstage's.

All in all, Chris's recommendation for me was right on!

Now, I have a set of excellent condition Tourstage X-Blade CB's, 4-PW, S200 shafts for sale! I will post pictures and the ad soon.

Thanks!

Bert-B

This makes me wish I could get imported stuff like that in Canada. Your TourStage 3 wood looks so perty, I wish I had one.

sam my friend there is absolutely no reason why you cant get one.....order of tourspecgolf pro shop! i live in uk and get stuff shipped to me all the time!!!! :tsg_smiley_yes: import gear is the way forward!!!!!!

sam my friend there is absolutely no reason why you cant get one.....order of tourspecgolf pro shop! i live in uk and get stuff shipped to me all the time!!!! :tsg_smiley_yes: import gear is the way forward!!!!!!

Right on, right on. The closest I've ever gottan to import is Bridgestone, and that really doesn't count right now as it's mades itself avaible. I'd love to be able to check out some import equipment like TourStage, or even a new Iomic putter grip.

Those Gauge NC1's have to be the sweetest looking CB I've ever seen..

I guess I'm going to have to replace my TM staff bag now :tsg_smilie_whistle:

All of my TM's are making an exit.. Only the Mid Rescue left...

Those Gauge NC1's have to be the sweetest looking CB I've ever seen..

I guess I'm going to have to replace my TM staff bag now :tsg_smilie_whistle:

All of my TM's are making an exit.. Only the Mid Rescue left...

And soon it will go once the new Gauge Beautility come lolololol! :tsg_smiley_laughatyou:

• 1 month later...

Guys my bag is not the same anymore, I will post pics soon though:

Driver: Tourstage X-Drive 435 10.5 w/PT-6 Stiff 44.75 **Backup: R7425 9.5 w/ Axiv 6064M

3 Wood: G-Field GFT 15* w/ Tour AD M75 Stiff **Backup: Tourstage X-ST 15* w/ NS850

DI: PRGR Zoom 220i 20* w/ NS1150 Tour Stiff **Backup:Mizuno UX2 20* w/ NS850

4-PW: G-Field NC-1 Prototype Irons w/ NS1150 Tour Stiff **Backup: PRGR 900MD w/NS 1150

AW: Tourstage Maruyama limited 53.9* w/ NS1150 Tour Stiff ** Backup: Gauge Jpn GAS1 SQBT

LW: Miura WMF-03 58* w/ NS1150 Tour Stiff ** Backup: Gauge Jpn GAS1 SQBT

Putter: Gauge Japan "The One" (5th aniversary model) ** Backup: Gauge Japan Terra

Bag: Adidas Black Flag Luxury Tour Bag

Ball: Tourstage X-01 ( best ball ever )