What Style suits you......

SlaminSam

this is an ''at the moment'' sort of question. ie at the moment i am definate a blade style putter! however when i start to putt bad, il tell myself a mallet is really my favourite style! and the cycle goes on leading me to a neo mallet after that.....it happens to all hoes. lol. :tsg_smiley_yes:

However i do believe that your swing path should determine the type of putter you use....ie if you are familar and practise the Pelz method, a centre shaft is definate beneficial......straight back straight through, where as if you are an inside to inside putter an anser is what is needed! :tsg_smilie_cool:

I prefer the SC Studio Design #1. Also have an Imola 6-02 TP and a NC GZ3. Next on the gotta have list is a Bettinardi BB24 :wub: Not sure exactly what style it is, I just like it.

I have mainly played the 8802 bladestyle of putter. I currently have a BB2 and am happy.

Really do not have a preference, If I can hit it I will play it. It is mainly a comfort factor with me and of course I have to like the look at address.

Since I started golf I have used the a Blade style putter and never tried anything else. When I bought the YES! I stuck with the style I was used to. :tsg_smilie_cool:

The answer is anser! I'm using a mallet now... :tsg_smiley_laughatyou:

but in my defence the mallet has a plumbers neck! I usually have a method of keeping my putting fresh, i play ansers till i have 3 below average putting rounds in a row, then I switch to a neo mallet and practice a lot on short putts. after 3 bad days with the neo putter i switch back to the anser and its good as new, usually for months.

post-18-1132951425_thumb.jpg

I use an anser style: the One by Gauge Design. But I really like mallets like the Red X. I wasn't a fan of neo mallets until I got the Eldik GDO. I switch between the One and the Eldik, depending on my mood. One is face balanced the other isn't. My stroke is more of an arc than straight back straight through. The Gauge Design milling marks have really got me sold. I am a believer.

Edited by Lance99

For alignment I need a center shafted hosel with a touch of offset. For my stroke I need something that is toe heavy with some toe down balancing. Unfortunetly there is not many putters out there that fit this bill so I had a custom putter made by David Mills that is everything I wanted and I have not looked back since.

For alignment I need a center shafted hosel with a touch of offset. For my stroke I need something that is toe heavy with some toe down balancing. Unfortunetly there is not many putters out there that fit this bill so I had a custom putter made by David Mills that is everything I wanted and I have not looked back since.

Any pics Ari????

I'll start it off. What putter suits you best. I prefer Anser style putters myself. Growing up I plade mostly blade (8802) type putters, but for the las 10 years of so the Anser style has won out. I am going to give the Zing style a try in the near future.

Changes with the season (weather, greens, etc.)

8802 > Napa > DFX Blade > Anser 4 > Cameron SS Newport

Tend to go heavier in the early sping and fall.

• 3 weeks later...

I agree with the previous quote, I like them all as well but always seem to end up back with my Byron or Gauge newport style. I think it comes down to your level of confidence and the type of greens you play. I live in the Midwest and play Bent grass geens that usually are laser fast so I have difficulty controling speed with Mallets and Moment putters. However, if you spend most of our time on slow Bermuda or Poa greens then the tendency is to leave Anser styles short. That's my two cents! High handicapers should stick with moments and keep it rolling ass over elbows...

• 1 month later...