Instructions on How to fix a sky mark?

TourSpecGolfer

Have you ever sky marked your brand new fancy driver or fairway wood? :tsg_smile_wah:

Here is a way to fix small chips and sky marks on the crown!

Take a look at these step by step example images:

Small chip from a defied shot. :task_smiley_laughatyou:

hoshu5.jpg

Step 1: Go to your local auto or hardware store to purchase a touch up paint pen, some 1500 and 8000 waterproof sand paper along with a metal polishing agent.

hoshu1.jpghoshu2.jpg

hoshu3.jpghoshu4.jpg

Step 2: Apply touch up paint to clean surface and make sure to let it dry 100% before moving to step 3.

hoshu8.jpg

Step 3: Very carefully use the 1500 grit sandpaper to remove the excess dried paint. ( make sure it is 100% dry before doing this ) I suggest wrapping it around a pencil.

hoshu9.jpg

Step 4: Use the the #8000 sand paper to further smooth it out very lightly.

hoshu10.jpg

Step 5: Apply metal polishing compound and buff to a shine.

hoshu11.jpg

There you go, chip be gone!

hoshu12.jpg

Have you ever sky marked your brand new fancy driver or fairway wood? :tsg_smile_wah:

hoshu5.jpg

Step 1: Go to your local auto or hardware store to purchase a touch up paint pen, some 1500 and 8000 waterproof sand paper along with a metal polishing agent.

hoshu1.jpghoshu2.jpg

hoshu3.jpghoshu4.jpg

Step 2: Apply touch up paint to clean surface and make sure to let it dry 100% before moving to step 3.

hoshu8.jpg

Step 3: Very carefully use the 1500 grit sandpaper to remove the excess dried paint. ( make sure it is 100% dry before doing this ) I suggest wrapping it around a pencil.

hoshu9.jpg

hoshu10.jpg

hoshu11.jpg

hoshu12.jpg

Fantastic idea - even though I would NEVER need to know this!!

:tsg_smiley_embarrassed:

Edited by sfgolfer

hoshu5.jpg

hoshu1.jpghoshu2.jpg

hoshu3.jpghoshu4.jpg

hoshu8.jpg

hoshu9.jpg

hoshu10.jpg

hoshu11.jpg

hoshu12.jpg

thanks chris, great post, i bought an r7 with a scuff mark on the crown. maybe ill give this a go to try and make it look better.

Great info, I have a friend who could use this as he does tend to put some lousy swings on the ball. :tsg_smilie_whistle:

Pity the impatient soul who doesn't let the paint dry completely (read:over night) as the thought of what that would look like makes me cringe.

This is almost the exact same procedure for repairing a scratch on a car. Great write up! I've had good success with using Meguiar's scratch X on my woods to take out minor scratches that occur from normal use. Then just add a coat of Meguiar's NXT wax and watch that club transform into something beautiful! The wax I have found also helps to reduce the likelyhood of future scratches and pop up marks.

hoshu5.jpg

hoshu1.jpghoshu2.jpg

hoshu3.jpghoshu4.jpg

hoshu8.jpg

hoshu9.jpg

hoshu10.jpg

hoshu11.jpg

hoshu12.jpg

chri does thismethod work really great onlyon small chips and small skymarks, or doesit work great on scuffs about the size of a quarter/maybe little smaller?

• 1 month later...