The New Tourstage ViQ Series!

TourSpecGolfer

Coming Mid January the new ViQ series driver, irons, fairway woods, utilitys, and putters!

The new ViQ U.S.G.A conforming driver won the G-Award for best new design.

g1206_viq_001.jpg

NEW_VIQ_DRIVER.jpg

VIQ2.jpg

VIQ_empty.jpg

g1206_viq_010.gif

g1206_viq_014.gif

g1206_viq_024.jpg

g1206_viq_028.jpgg1206_viq_027.jpg

Lefty Love!

g1206_viq_036.jpg

:tsg_smilie_cool: The new VIQ driver has all the modern technology, including the space age sole, however the most impressive aspect for me in the traditional shape, looking down at the crown at address. In my view the shape of the club inspires confidence. A real winner.

Are the new ViQ irons forged?

They just look too futuristic to be forged IMO. I bet they come with titanium face with High C.O.R. I love the look of the hybrid though :wub: .

Bat

Chris, in the original post you had an actual photo of the crown of the new VIQ driver, are you able to repost it?

Chris, in the original post you had an actual photo of the crown of the new VIQ driver, are you able to repost it?

img20051207_3.jpg

img20051207_4.jpg

:tsg_smilie_cool: Thanks Chris. The shape of the crown at address is very, very good.

Someting for everyone with this. Spaceage sole and an imaculate traditional crown.

A real winner!

• 3 weeks later...

WOW!!! Great lookin pics of some great new stuff, as always from Chris. I think I might have to adjust my budget for this new year. :tsg_smilie_money3: The view of the driver from the top looks clean and sleek, my personal preference. I also dig on the "V" formed on the face from the lines.

Chris, do I understand correctly from other threads that the VIQ is aimed more at the mid-index player and the X Drive 435 is directed to the lower index player, due to center of gravity configuration and overall forgiveness and trajectory issues? The VIQ looks like it probably has a lower center of gravity than the 435 X Drive.

Edited by dorkman53

Chris, do I understand correctly from other threads that the VIQ is aimed more at the mid-index player and the X Drive 435 is directed to the lower index player, due to center of gravity configuration and overall forgiveness and trajectory issues? The VIQ looks like it probably has a lower center of gravity than the 435 X Drive.

Your on the money Dorkman,

The X-Drive is a tour players club off the rack, everything from true stated lofts, to its sweet square face. They launch lower than 99% of the drivers on the market and have less spin as well. Not something I would suggest for a mid capper at all.

The new ViQ on the other hand does indeed have that lower center of gravity, its actually got more technology built into it and is probably a lot easier to hit. IMO the shaft option is what tweaks it to the good player or average. If you select the stock shaft it would be a great club for a mid capper yet if you slap in a Stiff Graphite Design PT-7 you got yourself a very easy to hit players club.

That driver looks so hot! not too fussed on the irons with the big round toe.....but i anxiously await reviews!

Ditto, plus 1, I think a number of us are eagerly awaiting Chris' review on the new VIQ driver.

Mate those BJ protos must be designed by a true HO

:tsg_smilie_wink: