** UPDATE ** GFT-FW by G-Field w/REAL PICS!

TourSpecGolfer

The new GFT is made of steel not titanium. The price will be reduced for the U.S market but it will come shafted with the NV65 installed instead of a graphite design.

The new GFT is made of steel not titanium. The price will be reduced for the U.S market but it will come shafted with the NV65 installed instead of a graphite design.

I gotta be honest, it doesn't look like anything really special to me. Just another steel fairway wood. What exactly is new about it? Is there some special technology that we haven't seen yet? I guess I need to brush up on my Japanese :tsg_smiley_laughatyou:

I gotta be honest, it doesn't look like anything really special to me. Just another steel fairway wood. What exactly is new about it? Is there some special technology that we haven't seen yet? I guess I need to brush up on my Japanese :tsg_smiley_laughatyou:

Nothing but sound design, heavier weights placed in the rear of the lower loft versions, a square face, and a pretty decent looking face profile. Its the retro look that takes some getting used to but I cant think of many FW's that pack all those features into one.

t_F_X.jpg

A_h_X.jpg3W.jpg

Nothing but sound design, heavier weights placed in the rear of the lower loft versions, a square face, and a pretty decent looking face profile. Its the retro look that takes some getting used to but I cant think of many FW's that pack all those features into one.

I will say that looking down on it from playing position looks pretty sweet. That is about my favorite look in a fairway wood.

:tsg_smilie_cool:

Chris will you be putting these on the catalog site? When?

Sorry to get you guys worked up so soon, these wont hit the Japan market until late Feb.

:tsg_smilie_cool: Looks pretty classy to me. As soon as you have some information on the utility Chris, could you post that also?

Looks like next year is going to be a great year for golf equipment, particularly GD.

:tsg_smiley_yes: Chris, I'm going to be cheeky and ask you to post your current bag. I will only speak for myself, but it sounds very snazzi. VERY SNAZZI!!

Are they going to set up an english website???

Yes they will be!

Chris, I'm going to be cheeky and ask you to post your current bag. I will only speak for myself, but it sounds very snazzi. VERY SNAZZI!!

I dont have all the G-Field gear in yet so that bag is not complete as it says. right now I have no standard set. But I do have these to choose from to build my new setup, whatever works best for me is going to make it in:

- PRGR 900MD 4-PW ( released yesterday )

- Tourstage XCB2 4-PW ( released today )

- Miura WMF-03 wedges

- Crews triple sole milled wedges

- Zodia premium chrome

- X-Drive 435 w/PT-6 ( released today )

- PRGR T3 ( released yesterday )

Some of those items are in,but the majority are on their way to me right now, there will be many pics taken and a show down to see what knocks the NC-1s out of the bag.

Not bad looking at all. What are the specs and what head material are they made from? It's funny how those runners on the sole of fairway woods keep popping up every few years and then dissapear again for a smooth sole design.

Great point about the runners on the sole. The sole is pretty funky looking, it reminds me of a Raylor.

• 3 weeks later...

The release date on these babies are Feb 15th 2006. The wrench will not be sold to the public nor will extra weights. There will be certified studio shops that can adjust the weight settings for you. The first adjustment is only 10 bucks and after that its free.

Real Images coming soon, I have 2 early release samples brand new with GD M75 shafts that I am willing to let go on Jan 5th.

The wrench will not be sold to the public nor will extra weights. There will be certified studio shops that can adjust the weight settings for you. The first adjustment is only 10 bucks and after that its free.

That seems kinda backwards doesn't it? Shouldn't it be the first adjustment free and then if you want it changed again it will charge you?

That seems kinda backwards doesn't it? Shouldn't it be the first adjustment free and then if you want it changed again it will charge you?

I wouldnt get to caught up on that, you wont see studio shops in the U.S for quite some time. Its really up to the shop what they want to charge the customer.

• 2 weeks later...

Their products are too solid! A Steel head instead of Titanium, Weight Screws to adjust balance, Rails to aid you off the deck, and a shape to die for. I have only had 9 holes with the new GFT 3 wood shafted with a graphite design M75 shaft and it put the X-ST, VS2, and UX2 out. I will be switching it up a bit to a 4 wood 7 wood combo to better fit my distance gaps but I can say after 9 holes I love this club!

XCB2_137.jpg

XCB2_180.jpg

XCB2_183.jpg

XCB2_186.jpg

The photos make it look even better..... one of the better looking fairway woods out there, and when you figure all the technological additions, it adds up to one great package. :tsg_smilie_smile:

XCB2_137.jpg

XCB2_180.jpg

XCB2_183.jpg

XCB2_186.jpg

Chris,

Can you give us a bit more your impression on the club? Ball flight, weight bias and forgiveness?

Cheers

I honestly haven't had much time with this FW yet, its got a square face, neutral weight bias and is very forgiving but it could be the ol honeymoon period. So I have to give it at least another 5 rounds to be fair. The trajectory I had during the first round was mid-high even with the tour AD M75, The best aspect IMO was its ease of use to hit off the deck, heavy feel head, and most of all its solid steel feel at impact.

I honestly haven't had much time with this FW yet, its got a square face, neutral weight bias and is very forgiving but it could be the ol honeymoon period. So I have to give it at least another 5 rounds to be fair. The trajectory I had during the first round was mid-high even with the tour AD M75, The best aspect IMO was its ease of use to hit off the deck, heavy feel head, and most of all its solid steel feel at impact.

Chris:

Do you know if it is a .335 or .350 in size?

Their products are too solid! A Steel head instead of Titanium, Weight Screws to adjust balance, Rails to aid you off the deck, and a shape to die for. I have only had 9 holes with the new GFT 3 wood shafted with a graphite design M75 shaft and it put the X-ST, VS2, and UX2 out. I will be switching it up a bit to a 4 wood 7 wood combo to better fit my distance gaps but I can say after 9 holes I love this club!

XCB2_137.jpg

XCB2_180.jpg

XCB2_183.jpg

XCB2_186.jpg

:tsg_smilie_cool: High praise indeed from the master. Chris I know you were a fan of thhe UX-2 for a long time.

The question now is do you put in a Gauge fairway wood and a Gauge utility (I know this is yet to be released) or two Gauge fairway woods?