"The Office" Christmas Story

So hopefully some of you are fans of 'The Office' show on NBC. The latest 'Christmas' episode everyone doing a $15 'Secret Santa' / 'Yankee Swap' in the office for the holidays. One person chooses a gift. The next person can either choose a wrapped gift or steal that person’s gift. If your gift gets stolen than you can steal choose a new gift. Michael, the boss, buys an iPod for someone's gift, completely blowing the budget hoping to win admiration of his employees because of his generosity.

Well, I just started a new job this week, and the 17 people in my group decided to do the Secret Santa thing. Obviously, the higher the number in the picking order you get, the better it is for you, b/c you can see what everyone else picked. I, unfortunately, picked first. So I am now the proud owner of a Hot Chocolate Set.

Anyway, things are moseying along until someone picks 11th, where someone unwraps a Black iPod Nano! We're all floored! That gets stolen once, and we all have something to talk about for a while.

Finally, there is only one person and one person left. Rather than stealing the Nano, he decides to unwrap the final gift...and gets a 60 GB Video iPod!!!

Turns out my boss's boss is a big 'The Office' fan, and happened to be given these by a client. Rather than keeping them for himself, he decided to donate these to the Secret Santa.

Just good to know there a still people out there, and bosses even, who are genuine and generous.

Merry Christmas & Happy Holidays.

:tsg_smiley_angel:

Edited by HipCheck