** UPDATE ** G-Field CCB-1 w/REAL PICS

TourSpecGolfer

Gauge Japan claims this is their most forgiving Iron ever. IMO it has a profile very much like the Tourstage TS-202 from above. Its their only cast club in the G-field line up and preliminary testing from top amateurs show its a club longer than other sets. I have a 6 iron demo club that I will be taking images of soon, I can vouch that these are longer than the NC-1's with the same loft and at impact feel like Callaway irons. They are not game improvement yet they are not a players cavity.

01image_2.jpg

04adress_2.jpg

04loft_2.jpg

03face_2.jpg

06set02_2.jpg

FYI the U.S release will not say Gauge Design in the medallion.

I liked it all the way up till you said they feel like callaway irons at impact....look very nice though...any idea on what they're be released at retail here in the US?

Have to agree with you on that one. Callaways tend to have a muted feel that leaves something to be desired. Looks nicer than any Callaway.

Have to agree with you on that one. Callaways tend to have a muted feel that leaves something to be desired. Looks nicer than any Callaway.

I don't know if I'd say it the muted feel...and granted, I haven't hit the xtours so I don't know about those but the others all have this almost trampoline effect from the irons if that makes any sense. I don't know if this is the case but feels as if the face is actually thinner than irons I'm normally used to hitting....it just doesn't feel right and I don't feel like I have the control and I certainly don't have confidence that my distances will be the same given the same swing...that might all be false but I really dislike that feeling....

Just to make things clear, I used the comparison to callaway because the majority of you gents would understand if I said at impact it feels like an XXIO yet performs like an ONOFF.

XXIO feel and OnOFF performance with a smaller profile is exactly what these are. Now how many of you know what i mean? :tsg_smilie_confused:

I figured that's why you used the Callaway comparison and I have at least an understanding of how these will feel, which would not have been possible with the XXIO/ONOFF comparison. Are the lofts being stronger what gives them the increased length? They look nice, in terms of topline, but I wonder about the sole as it looks a little wide to me.

Gauge Japan claims this is their most forgiving Iron ever. IMO it has a profile very much like the Tourstage TS-202 from above. Its their only cast club in the G-field line up and preliminary testing from top amateurs show its a club longer than other sets. I have a 6 iron demo club that I will be taking images of soon, I can vouch that these are longer than the NC-1's with the same loft and at impact feel like Callaway irons. They are not game improvement yet they are not a players cavity.

01image_2.jpg

04adress_2.jpg

04loft_2.jpg

03face_2.jpg

06set02_2.jpg

FYI the U.S release will not say Gauge Design in the medallion.

Does the long irons have any tungston weighs?

Guys, Im now hearing that these may not be released in the U.S. :tsg_smiley_no:

They could release limited numbers but it is going to be an expensive club. The head is cast in China and the Face is made in America yet the price point could be the same as a forged club. The first release will be in Japan and the heads will be made for graphite shafts at 4 grams heavier each. Im going to take these first run heads and put NS1150's in them to spec out about D3.

I feel teased...haha

Any reason these will be that expensive? Seems a bit odd for something mostly made in china..

I was told due to the face coming from the states, the head from china and the weight plate being CNC milled along with installation of the medallion its price is almost the same.

I received a few early release sets of the CCB-1 by G-Field scheduled for a Japan release in March 2006. They are supposed to be a game improvement iron yet they have a compact top line and no where near a lot of offset. I would simply call these a normal sized cavity back with game improvement forgiveness. I have had 2 range sessions and 9 holes with them and I can honestly say they simply perform great. The most forgiving iron Gauge Japan has ever produced.

XCB2_142.jpg

XCB2_144.jpg

XCB2_152.jpg

XCB2_145.jpg

XCB2_153.jpg

XCB2_188.jpg

Hi Chris,

Are the pics in the first and third shot of the same head, or do they have a different finish? Also, what shafts were the prototypes set up with? Man, I wish you were in Hawaii this week instead of Italy:-)

Edited by K2_2

Hi Chris,

Are the pics in the first and third shot of the same head, or do they have a different finish? Also, what shafts were the prototypes set up with? Man, I wish you were in Hawaii this week instead of Italy:-)

Yup Same finish, its just one pic was taken with flash the other was not.