Hey guys,

I thought I'd ask opinions on Digital Cameras as there are only hundreds of models available. I'm looking at upgrading my 4 year old camera as it is almost as outmoded as I am. Not looking to spend big bucks (under $500 as I am a techno-tard and only take pics of my clubs and my kids) but would be interested in your experiences.

Thanks in advance

Hey guys,

I thought I'd ask opinions on Digital Cameras as there are only hundreds of models available. I'm looking at upgrading my 4 year old camera as it is almost as outmoded as I am. Not looking to spend big bucks (under $500 as I am a techno-tard and only take pics of my clubs and my kids) but would be interested in your experiences.

Thanks in advance

No experience, but Consumer Reports lists the following as easiest to use AND top print quality:

Kodak EasyShare

V550 $320

P859 $390

Z740 $275

Z700 $245

Panasonic Lumix

DMC-FZ20S $440

DMC-FZ5 $340

Hope this helps.

I'd go for the Panasonic DMC FZ7. It is the newer model replacing the FZ5. Lieca lens, 12x Optical zoom, Image stabilizer, small size. The new model is cheaper than the older FZ5. Only downside to the camera (as with all cameras in this range), is noise in higher ISO (low light) situations, but if most shots are daylight, it is great. Especially catching the kids playing sports with the 12X zoom.

thanks for the assistance...the leica lens seals the deal ...actually my cell phone takes almost as good a picture as my old camera

I think you will be happy with it. I am looking to get one so I don't have to take my DSLR and lenses on vacation, but we just bought a Sony DVD camcorder, and of course they will take stills (3.1mp), so I will see how they look, and if not to my liking, the FZ7 will be on the way :)

I think you will be happy with it. I am looking to get one so I don't have to take my DSLR and lenses on vacation, but we just bought a Sony DVD camcorder, and of course they will take stills (3.1mp), so I will see how they look, and if not to my liking, the FZ7 will be on the way :)

Oh and the noise won't even be an issue at 4x6, only if tried to blow up pictures to 8x10, and it was using iso400 in low light. Happy shooting, in golf too :)