PRO DIVISION FORGED L by G-Field - 370G Head!!!

Cool Putter, but would look a lot better with just one sightline IMHO

675.00 Shipped!

#1, #2, and #8 are already Sold.

They have Forged L's with single sight lines the triple frames the ball far better IMO :tsg_smiley_yes:

• 2 weeks later...

Since it looks like I'm not going to get enough "golf equipment money" by the time these are all sold out. I'll just have to tungstenize my BB16H. I pulled the head. It came out to 358, but since it's only 33.5" it only comes in at D2. Plan to add 20 grams of tungsten to get to D6.

Since it looks like I'm not going to get enough "golf equipment money" by the time these are all sold out. I'll just have to tungstenize my BB16H. I pulled the head. It came out to 358, but since it's only 33.5" it only comes in at D2. Plan to add 20 grams of tungsten to get to D6.

I'm just curious how much net weight 20 grams of tungsten actually adds. I'm sure drilling out those holes will cost you quite a few grams of steel. If you know how many grams you lose by drilling please post because I have a few putters I would like to tungstenize.

I may be wrong and Todd (of TKSputters.com) should correct me if I'm wrong but the "H" designation is for "heavy" and thus BB16-H putters are limited production putters. Before sending the putter in for tungsten/steel ingots, try adding weight down the shaft using lead/tungsten powder or sugar/sand. You don't want to ruin a classic.

I may be wrong and Todd (of TKSputters.com) should correct me if I'm wrong but the "H" designation is for "heavy" and thus BB16-H putters are limited production putters. Before sending the putter in for tungsten/steel ingots, try adding weight down the shaft using lead/tungsten powder or sugar/sand. You don't want to ruin a classic.

I know about the rarity of the "H"s. The thing is I have numerous pin prick size rust spots developing all over the putter. Really strange. It seems like the rust is on the inside and trying to eat it's way out.

I'm having it stripped of the chrome this week and having it refinished in gun blue like my Oil Can Napa. I also plan to add a rear parallel white site line ala JAT. I will probably lose 10 grams from the entire process.

The deciding factor is I only know of 2 Bett collectors in my country. The other is the guy I bought the BB16 from. So no resale value for me anyhows. I found a machine shop that will do the tungsten for me.

I figure I can buy 340 mallet that is the Japanese version of the BB16 at the local store that is selling for US$280 if I screw this one up.

Matt,

From my brief discussion with the machine shop guy. He will be drilling maybe a little less than 1/4" deep and depending whether I want 2 small tungsten ingots per side or 1 bigger one I should be losing 15 grams. We will decide after the drilling out how much weight we will put back in. He says we can put more epoxy as the filler in the back of the hole if I don't want it that heavy. The more we talk about the more I'm having second thoughts. I might try it on a cheaper putter first, but I don't have any "cheap" carbon steel putters with me right now.

Edited by xxio

Hey XXIO, each hole removes 5-10 grams of weight depending on how deep or the size of the hole in general.

so figure 2 ingots will add 15-20 grams total to your putter head. but that isnt gonna change the way bettinardi's roll. I tell you what drop me a PM ill cut you a deal, i think i can get it close to what your paying for the Japan bett after the cost of the mods you plan on doing. Its worth a shot and it for sure will feel softer and roll better.

FYI 1,2,7,8,10 are sold out.

Forgot to ask. Is the Forged L similar to the Del Mar 3.5 or the JAT? The JAT seems to have more weight/mass at the toe based on where the curves start. Whereas the 3.5/BB16H seem to have a more balanced-proportionate curvature. It seems to be a bit mid-way between both in the picture.

Forgot to ask. Is the Forged L similar to the Del Mar 3.5 or the JAT? The JAT seems to have more weight/mass at the toe based on where the curves start. Whereas the 3.5/BB16H seem to have a more balanced-proportionate curvature. It seems to be a bit mid-way between both in the picture.

The JAT is actually more face-balanced and has more mass in the heel than the Del Mar 3.5. The Forged L is very similar to the Del Mar 3.5. I received my number 8/10 and it feels very nice. Won't know whether I really like it or not until my next round - hopefully thursday!

Edited by taipanli

The JAT is actually more face-balanced and has more mass in the heel than the Del Mar 3.5. The Forged L is very similar to the Del Mar 3.5. I received my number 8/10 and it feels very nice. Won't know whether I really like it or not until my next round - hopefully thursday!

Tai,

Give me feedback versus your older Forged L. You can sell me that as well if you prefer the Pro L.

Strange I thought the Jat would have more toe hang based on the address position.

Tai,

Give me feedback versus your older Forged L. You can sell me that as well if you prefer the Pro L.

Strange I thought the Jat would have more toe hang based on the address position.

My older Forged L was sold a while ago. The Pro Div is exactly the same aside from the weights. Will know tomorrow how I feel about the putter. IMHO, the JAT sucks compared to a Del Mar 3.5 or the Forged L - no comparison.

The Pro L has been "in play" now for the last four rounds. I'd both the Pro L and the original L trimmed to 33", with tungsten powder down the shaft of the orignal L to bring the swing weight and static weight up. The Pro L feels softer at impact and does not have the "click" sound as the original L. Also, it seems that the Pro L performed well on fast greens versus the Balde. I played two rounds last week at the Presidio in San Francisco. The first round I played with the Pro L and the second with the Balde. Given that the greens were sanded about 1 month prior and thus were a bit "shaggy," I'd better control using the Balde. However, this last Sunday, when I played at the home course and the greens were a bit faster, the Pro L performed very well with many long putts over 20 feet ended within one foot of the hole. At this time, I'd most likely take both putters to the course and select one accordingly.

Of course, putts were missed due to errors from the pilot!

• 2 weeks later...

I just received the #3 today from Chris and the gang! Thanks again Chris for the outstanding customer service and super fast shipping.

I've only tested it on the carpet but it feels great and puts a great roll on the ball. This putter might just kick the Tracy out of the bag. It's my first Japan made purchase and it feels good to get it out of the way after drooling over these amazing clubs for so long. I really like the feel of the iomic grip as well. I'll need more of these grips in the future.

I can't wait to try it out on the course, and I'll give everyone an update after about 5-10 rounds. Thanks again Chris.

The Pro L has been "in play" now for the last four rounds. I'd both the Pro L and the original L trimmed to 33", with tungsten powder down the shaft of the orignal L to bring the swing weight and static weight up. The Pro L feels softer at impact and does not have the "click" sound as the original L. Also, it seems that the Pro L performed well on fast greens versus the Balde. I played two rounds last week at the Presidio in San Francisco. The first round I played with the Pro L and the second with the Balde. Given that the greens were sanded about 1 month prior and thus were a bit "shaggy," I'd better control using the Balde. However, this last Sunday, when I played at the home course and the greens were a bit faster, the Pro L performed very well with many long putts over 20 feet ended within one foot of the hole. At this time, I'd most likely take both putters to the course and select one accordingly.

Of course, putts were missed due to errors from the pilot!

I agree - the Pro L is not suited to extremely slow greens; IMO the faster the green, the better it will perform. Received #5 three days ago and logged 5 hours practice & two rounds (28 and 26 putts). Never used a small (neo?) mallet before but there wasn't much adjustment needed. The feel is very smooth and solid, the sound muted. The smaller head requires a more precise stroke, but the smaller head also had me standing closer than usual so it worked out.

In a word - precise. I have over 25 various styles of putters including 2 other GDs - this mallet strokes like a blade but with more forgiveness. Distance control was automatic once I adjusted to the combo of small, heavy head and soft yet aggressive roll. It just retired a WRX prototype which is a really nice modified 8802-style blade.

• 2 weeks later...

Well guys, I decided that this putter just doesn't go with my style of putting. I realized this before ever taking it to the course. I also feel that I would definitely have to have it extended up to 35". I thought that I would be able to adjust to letting my arms hang down a little more but I just feel uncomfortable. The putter looks and feels amazing and I love the grip. I put this putter up on ebay because for someone out there, this is the perfect putter. It just wasn't me.

So, my search continues for the perfect putter for me.

• 2 months later...

Plus1, hey i saw that lpgaprospect was selling hers on ebay a few weeks ago i think. you should try pm'ing her. her staring bid was only 300$ and nobody bid on it the first few times she listed it. i really dont know if she ended up selling it though. but if she still has it you could score a deal for the putter!!!!