The price for regular grade gas reached $3.11 here in Southern California. This is ridiculous given that Exxon last year paid its CEO $69.7 million or $190,915 a day, including weekend. With crude oil at $71 a barrel, it won't be long before the price of golf balls would sky rocket since ball components are made of petrol products. Golf balls require Surlyn and other polymers and copolymers, each a derivative of oil-based processes.

The price for regular grade gas reached $3.11 here in Southern California. This is ridiculous given that Exxon last year paid its CEO $69.7 million or $190,915 a day, including weekend. With crude oil at $71 a barrel, it won't be long before the price of golf balls would sky rocket since ball components are made of petrol products. Golf balls require Surlyn and other polymers and copolymers, each a derivative of oil-based processes.
HMMMM. I wonder how Exxon make so much money. Probably because they work really hard to deliver a great product at an affordable price. :tsg_smilie_rolleyes:

Tanker_350.jpg

Edited by the1stunner

Econ 101? :tsg_smilie_whistle:

As in artificially control price. :tsg_smilie_money3:

$3.11 a gallon thats nothing guys . How about trying over $5 bucks a gallon up here . Yes our gallon is bigger but not by that much . :tsg_smiley_yes: :tsg_smilie_money3: :tsg_smilie_sad:

That gives outrageous a bad name!

I won't get on my soap box...but if you want someone to blame for the gasoline price increase blame the corn lobby and ethanol supporters. :tsg_smilie_wah: