Mizuno MP003 driver

daamartin

We have heard a lot about the FT-3 in this forum, but almost nothing at all about this driver. I still can't get used to the "wooden baseball bat" sound of my playing partners' composite Callaway drivers, but they seem to play very well.

Just wondering if anyone has played the MP003 and can compare the performance. How do the Exzsar (sp?) Mizuno wood shafts stack up with other Japanese stock? I guess I could put the new Yonex "nanospeed" in this category as well, although I am a Nanotechnologist/ Nanomaterials Scientist and I don't think putting a few carbon buckyballs in clubheads or shafts is going to help your score at all!

Thanks in advance

Darren

We have heard a lot about the FT-3 in this forum, but almost nothing at all about this driver. I still can't get used to the "wooden baseball bat" sound of my playing partners' composite Callaway drivers, but they seem to play very well.

Just wondering if anyone has played the MP003 and can compare the performance. How do the Exzsar (sp?) Mizuno wood shafts stack up with other Japanese stock? I guess I could put the new Yonex "nanospeed" in this category as well, although I am a Nanotechnologist/ Nanomaterials Scientist and I don't think putting a few carbon buckyballs in clubheads or shafts is going to help your score at all!

Thanks in advance

Darren

I am very interested in this head myself and I have heard very little. If it is anything like the

MIZ MX500, it will be a certain favorite. I think the MP003 has movable weights as well.

Best of luck finding anything!

I am very interested in this head myself and I have heard very little. If it is anything like the

MIZ MX500, it will be a certain favorite. I think the MP003 has movable weights as well.

Best of luck finding anything!

Quad7 shaft specs look nice - I use the Graphite Design YS-7 (x) shaft in all my woods and love it. What differences would you see btw the "butt stiff" and "butt std" Quad shafts (feel, trajectory?).

I wonder if Chris has hit this one and compared with Tourstage Xdrive 435 or PRGR T3?

Quad7 shaft specs look nice - I use the Graphite Design YS-7 (x) shaft in all my woods and love it. What differences would you see btw the "butt stiff" and "butt std" Quad shafts (feel, trajectory?).

I wonder if Chris has hit this one and compared with Tourstage Xdrive 435 or PRGR T3?

Use the YS-7 TSX myself and have been really happy.

The only diff I would think would be Trajectory btw the 2.

Big Mack,

Any info on the mp-80's?

Much appreciated,

Brian

Big Mack,

Any info on the mp-80's?

Much appreciated,

Brian

Those clubs are an unconfirmed rumor. Until anybody sees photo's? We've seen some, but upon further insprection, they were just a set of MP32/60 from Japan with the custom logo's. The 80's may or may not be real. They won't even let out a peep stateside.

Those clubs are an unconfirmed rumor. Until anybody sees photo's? We've seen some, but upon further insprection, they were just a set of MP32/60 from Japan with the custom logo's. The 80's may or may not be real. They won't even let out a peep stateside.

I am impressed by the Miz MX-500. My entire set up will be Mizuno/Gauge/G-Field before to long.

Then I will work on a second set with some MP-32's leading the charge.

BMack, do you have any part of the Baseball/Softball side of Mizuno?

Any job openings in CA for Miz?

The weights on the MP-003 aren't movable. We had a sample to play with but the shaft was just too soft to form a valid impression. Very expensive in this market. The local distributor won't be importing them.

Edited by MGB

I am impressed by the Miz MX-500. My entire set up will be Mizuno/Gauge/G-Field before to long.

Then I will work on a second set with some MP-32's leading the charge.

BMack, do you have any part of the Baseball/Softball side of Mizuno?

Any job openings in CA for Miz?

Sorry, we are separate divisions. We can order for ourselves though. And, We just hired a new sales rep for San Diego.

The weights on the MP-003 aren't movable. We had a sample to play with but the shaft was just too soft to form a valid impression. Very expensive in this market. The local distributor won't be importing them.

Did somebody epoxy the wieghts in you demo. They move!

Sorry, we are separate divisions. We can order for ourselves though. And, We just hired a new sales rep for San Diego.

Did somebody epoxy the wieghts in you demo. They move!

Moving to L.A in Novewmber, like to get more into the Golf Biz, Cisco is fine but when golf dominates all open time and thought, I want to get closer to it by way career change. Had to ask!

Later.

Moving to L.A in Novewmber, like to get more into the Golf Biz, Cisco is fine but when golf dominates all open time and thought, I want to get closer to it by way career change. Had to ask!

Later.

Let me know when you get there and I'll get you in touch with the sales rep.

What are the expected new products to be announced at your sales meeting at summer's end?

Guys, Im sorry to say but this import driver is only decent at best. Not the most forgiving IMO and basically plays on par with most others on the market.

Guys, Im sorry to say but this import driver is only decent at best. Not the most forgiving IMO and basically plays on par with most others on the market.

My rep states that the driver arriving in the states will not be the same as the one in Japan. He states it is a very hot driver. Same name but a different driver.

1. Screws that don't move. They are supposed to for the US market and they did move in the Japan version we got ahold of. If they didn't move, then what good would it be. Just internalize the weighting instead of fake weights like the Mactec.

2. The chances of that driver being decent and on par with everything else on the market.... Enough said.

3. The US version is even better. Just wait. It will blow everything else out. You pick your favorite shaft and that driver will produce. :atsg_smilie_mizuno:

1. Screws that don't move. They are supposed to for the US market and they did move in the Japan version we got ahold of. If they didn't move, then what good would it be. Just internalize the weighting instead of fake weights like the Mactec.

2. The chances of that driver being decent and on par with everything else on the market.... Enough said.

3. The US version is even better. Just wait. It will blow everything else out. You pick your favorite shaft and that driver will produce. :atsg_smilie_mizuno:

ASny chance of the UX2 reaching ythe states?

If they didn't move, then what good would it be. Just internalize the weighting instead of fake weights like the Mactec.

Don't take offense but R5N/D? Fusion/FT3? Sometimes marketing gets in the way of true tech. I didn't get to hit it but the guy in the store said they couldn't be moved by the customer? Maybe a useless employee?

XXIO. I agree with you. Maybe stated it wrong. I just think it's a waste of R&D dollars to have a fake screw on the outside when you could lower the cost by internal weighting. Marketing kills me.

AS for the non-movable screw on the MP-003, I don't know what He was holding.

By the way, I'm the Tech for an unnamed company.

And, if they bring in a driver with a permanent screw, I'll quit my job and give it to DoubleAA.

XXIO. I agree with you. Maybe stated it wrong. I just think it's a waste of R&D dollars to have a fake screw on the outside when you could lower the cost by internal weighting. Marketing kills me.

AS for the non-movable screw on the MP-003, I don't know what He was holding.

By the way, I'm the Tech for an unnamed company.

And, if they bring in a driver with a permanent screw, I'll quit my job and give it to DoubleAA.

Haha. Don't quit. Who are the members going to hit up here for big "unnamed company" discounts? I would love to see the screw/weight to be moveable as well. Despite some claims to MWT being snake oil, I have had experience otherwise. It changes feel and dynamics of the shaft/head combo just enough that it helps AND hurts.

I agree and think its joke if any weights are stuck in place. As far as production goes, its a lot cheaper to do internal head weighting. I dont care if we cant change the weight, as long as it serves a real purpose for the tour van or custom dept to use it as an adjustment tool.