BERES by Honma Pics

Those sticks are absolutely pure !!!!!!! :tsg_smiley_yes: :tsg_smilie_cool: :tsg_smilie_smile: What a great shape and style. I love the tech in the cavity.

Edited by Breal

is it me or every players CB looks the SAME now aday?

Beres reminds me of TM, TS, Srixon....~~ Even the new Epon looks somewhat like it~~

is it me or every players CB looks the SAME now aday?

Beres reminds me of TM, TS, Srixon....~~ Even the new Epon looks somewhat like it~~

Saw that too :tsg_smilie_confused:. Reminds me of my I-302 and a little of the MR-23 CB.

Can't wait for a write-up on it.

Another quality product :tsg_smilie_cool:

However there are a number of quality products on the site.

Ah......so many clubs......so little time.

I can't wait to hear the results of this head to head competition. They are both fantastic looking, and I've had my eye on each from afar. I'm wondering if the Miura WDD is really a breakthrough in feel/performance or just another pretty face.

What shafts u playing?

Edited by sfgolfer

I played 1 round with each so far. Beres takes the initial win for me. Key words are "for me". For some it may be the opposite, Its honestly too early to tell and only personal preference.

They both have NS1150's but the Miuras are a half inch longer and also one swing point heavier.

Beres feels like a better forged steel, It was IMO softer, vibrations more pure while running up the hands. I personally think its because Miura uses spin welded hosels and perhaps that kills some of the great feel. I will say that it is in question if Miura uses a Japanese foundry or their Taiwan location. With Beres we know for a fact its 100% made in Japan at Sakata Studios.

I have a tee time this friday and I hope my 3 sets of EPON irons arrive in time. Whatever the case I think i need at least 5 rounds with each particular iron before i select what stays and what goes.

The Beres look really nice. sure wish some of these clubs existed here, so they could be looked at in person. Sometimes pictures are too hard to get perspective. Like the grinding on the soles. so you say they are forged in Japan eh? Hmmm.

Hey, any word on pricing? My father saw them here, and was asking me about them. He needs something to replace his Twin Marks.

I have another set, in absolute mint condition for sale at 1089.00 + 25.00 Shipping. A few of the irons were hit on a grass range. They have never seen an actual course.

Again Great deal on a mint TSG demo set 3-PW NS950 Stiff! In 2 days off to ebay.

Please I cant take it !!! I want these I cant stop looking at them what great irons. I thought these would beat out the miura irons because of the style ane the forging locations. Man I have to get to work and win a tourney or something.

Those irons sure do look good. I'm not sure that I'd be able to hit them well though. I'm curious - how much forgiveness do these irons offer? How would they compare to say the Mizuno MX-23? Or, are they much more of a players iron and more comparable to the Mizuno MP-60?

Those irons sure do look good. I'm not sure that I'd be able to hit them well though. I'm curious - how much forgiveness do these irons offer? How would they compare to say the Mizuno MX-23? Or, are they much more of a players iron and more comparable to the Mizuno MP-60?

I'll bet that club plays as much like as MX-23 as I play like Tiger Woods.

• 2 weeks later...

Guys,

Beres seems to have some unreal quality, Finish top notch, design as well. I should be getting the MG801 pics and the new TW902 blade pics up in the next couple of weeks.

• 2 weeks later...

chris, i really cant decide between these and the epons! The epons look prettier, however i can only imagine the pure feel out of these! Honma are the dogs danglies!

I know i am notyou, i am just seekingsoem opinions......which did you prefer out of the two makes?

Also are these palyers cbs? as they look quite long heel to toe! any infowould be appreciated

• 5 months later...

An owner of the Beres Tw901 in this forum claims that the Tw901 is cast and not forged - could anyone elaborate on that please :tsg_smilie_whistle:

Edited by Claus

I think I read somewhere before - maybe on Honma's website - that their irons are cast. However, the finish also plays a big part in how soft a club feels and Honma treat their irons such that they feel relatively soft (I've tried a few sets before). The body of the MG801 is forged, but I think the rest of their range are cast. Somebody corret me if I'm wrong.

I think I read somewhere before - maybe on Honma's website - that their irons are cast. However, the finish also plays a big part in how soft a club feels and Honma treat their irons such that they feel relatively soft (I've tried a few sets before). The body of the MG801 is forged, but I think the rest of their range are cast. Somebody corret me if I'm wrong.

But Chris stated that the Beres Tw901 are forged and I quote:

"Beres feels like a better forged steel, It was IMO softer, vibrations more pure while running up the hands. I personally think its because Miura uses spin welded hosels and perhaps that kills some of the great feel. I will say that it is in question if Miura uses a Japanese foundry or their Taiwan location. With Beres we know for a fact its 100% made in Japan at Sakata Studios"

This kind of puzzels me :tsg_smilie_confused:

You could be right, they are stated as mild steel. it dont say Carbon anywhere or the words forged. Are you familiar with the feel of honma castings? quite similar to 14, very soft in some cases softer than forged.

I will give them a ring on monday and get the skinny on this. your pal may be on to somthing.

You could be right, they are stated as mild steel. it dont say Carbon anywhere or the words forged. Are you familiar with the feel of honma castings? quite similar to 14, very soft in some cases softer than forged.

I will give them a ring on monday and get the skinny on this. your pal may be on to somthing.

Thanks Chris,

Would really like to know if the Beres TW901 and TW902 irons are forged or cast and whether the steel used is carbon steel or stainless steel :atsg_logo_anim:

I have played Honma irons for quite some time and I was always led to believe that all of Honma's clubs are cast. I play Tour World 904's and they are the softest irons I have ever hit (I have not hit Miura or Epon or G Field. I'm comparing to Mizuno, Tourstage, Bridgestone). I can say that I have to have the loft and lie checked at least every six months. If you just look at these clubs to harshly they will get a ding. I just bought the Beres W101 wedges and they do not seem quite as soft, but, they are still soft and seem to be much more durable.

Anyway, back to the cast question. I have also heard my set of 904's referred to as a cast-forged design. I have no idea what that means. If you go on the Honma website and click on the Beres MG801 irons they say "Forged mild steel body" and "Cast mild steel face". Are they 1/2 forged 1/2 cast? The Beres TW901 irons just say "Mild steel". I look forward to hearing what information Honma provides.

After finding this site recently and reading reviews and opinions, I decided to try some other irons. I have Scratch and Miura irons on the way to compare with my Honmas. I have a sneaking suspicion that I am going to end up with Beres TW901's in my bag.

Which brings me to a question for TOURSPECGOLFER ( I'm to new to call you Chris). Can I get a combo set of TW901 3-7 and TW902 8-PW?

post-8862-1165772751.jpg

Let me find out and get back to you, Cast Forged could mean carbon steel that has been cast. Also are you interested in the S grind version of the TW901?