For those of you who didn't know about apples new bootcamp & parallel programs its quite revolutionary.

Intel started making Duo processors for Apple computers, with the new Intel Duo CPU you are able to install any version of Windows to your Mac. This means the new mac computers are both PC and Mac friendly.

I have even seen Windows Vista Beta 2 running on macs. With bootcamp you must re-boot to start up in windows or to switch between. with Parallel its as simple as switching over from one to the other. Its like having the best of both worlds, you can even play PC video games and use adobe photoshop.

I'm a PC guy myself but I must admit the Macs run cleaner with better programs for digital images and video editing. It also supports HD quicktime.

Look forward to seeing Macs in the future pre loaded with this ability. Rumor is the new OS for mac code named leopard will be able to do this.

Its good news for Microsoft, bad news for sony, dell, gateway etc..

For more info go to:

http://www.apple.com/macosx/bootcamp/

best of all bootcamp is free!

• 4 weeks later...

Have to agree , have a Sony laptop right now , but plan on getting rid of it and picking up one of the new Mac laptops .

Then all I will have to do , is get rid of my iMac G5 for a new Dual one and I am Mac right across the board . :tsg_smiley_yes:

• 2 weeks later...
For those of you who didn't know about apples new bootcamp & parallel programs its quite revolutionary.

Intel started making Duo processors for Apple computers, with the new Intel Duo CPU you are able to install any version of Windows to your Mac. This means the new mac computers are both PC and Mac friendly.

I have even seen Windows Vista Beta 2 running on macs. With bootcamp you must re-boot to start up in windows or to switch between. with Parallel its as simple as switching over from one to the other. Its like having the best of both worlds, you can even play PC video games and use adobe photoshop.

I'm a PC guy myself but I must admit the Macs run cleaner with better programs for digital images and video editing. It also supports HD quicktime.

Look forward to seeing Macs in the future pre loaded with this ability. Rumor is the new OS for mac code named leopard will be able to do this.

Its good news for Microsoft, bad news for sony, dell, gateway etc..

For more info go to:

http://www.apple.com/macosx/bootcamp/

best of all bootcamp is free!

Mac hardware is good and reliable, but anytime your systems are mainly proprietary they tend to run better. The only problem with that in the IT world is that it costs so much more to buy and repair the systems when they have issues. Sun Solaris is the same way. Runs Linux/Windows 2003/XP etc, and great hardware, but their own OS is limited in it's world exposure and software developers rarely make the case to build for that OS.

For home users that want to spend 2K on a Mac and then load XP on it. Great, go at it, but for a company with a network of 500-5000 computers, buying Dell, or Compaq at a much lower cost is the obvious choice.

I do applaud Apple for allowing Windows to install on it's computers. Sun Solaris hardware is also very good and stable, but they've come to the realization that their OS isn't marketable and are relegating themselves to becoming a hardware based company.

It all comes down to $$. If you have it to spend, then go high end. If you're looking at the the bottom line on a big scale, Corporately, then cheaper and still fairly reliable is better than the high cost of MAC hardware.