Revisit the Taylormade TP Driving Iron

Many of the Domestic O.E.M's don't have driving irons as a part of their line up and the brands that do haven't really advanced them much in recent releases. On tight courses, I leave the driver and 3 wood in the trunk and replace them with #2 and #3 driving irons. The difference is simply score. more fairways and a better position into the green. The modifications are more evident as well for example having a 3iron length shaft on a 19* Driving Iron head produces lower straighter 200 yard bullets for me. The Tour AD UT-85 shaft 1" longer than my #3 Iron creates a mid trajectory draw that is very dependable, more carry, more distance with a minor loss in accuracy.

They have been and still are vital in Japan with their tight courses and firm pristine conditions. If your interested in a more accurate shot and IMO a lower score give them a try.

I have reviewed what are the 2 best driving irons in my opinion here:

Picture-369.jpg

Picture-374.jpg

Picture-365.jpg

Picture-356.jpg

Picture-377.jpg

I just took delivery on the AirMuscle 2 on NV 85X...can't wait to give it a few rips. I also have a PRGR 220 head coming. Don't know what to shaft them with.

I still play the Taylor Made TP 3U driving iron I bought from Chris a few years ago. I put a DGSL shaft in it at standard length weighted to D2. I carry it ~230-235 yards and can hit it low or high. It takes a draw more readily than a cut, but I can cut it with an exaggerated grip to get out of the woods when needed. It is easily the safest club--least likely to be replaced--in my bag. 2.gif

• 7 months later...

Does anyone know where I can find Taylormade TP Driving Iron to buy? I know that they were available on

this website, but are no longer listed in the Proshop. Im interested in trying the model shown above or a new

version if its available. Any help would be greatly appreicate.