EPON: The Best Forged Steel ENDO has Ever Produced!

Speaking of the type x here are some comparison pics of the type x against the gauge design handmades and the gauge design FCB's.

The Type x in tehse pics are stil in their wrappers, however you can see the shape and size in relation to the 2 Gauge irons.

In terms of looks, the Gauge FCBs have the heaviest heads and the Epons have the lightest, all three are eautiful irons to look at - and in fact in person the type x IMO are better looking than the Type j!

The resons i choose these irons to compare to the type x is because i think they are in the same category -> ie FFPC. Forged Forgiving Players Cavities. Enjoy! :tsg_smilie_cool:

PS Notice the difference in the Gold emblem on the muscle of the cavity with the pics Chris originally took in this post! Was there a recent design change chris?

post-1296-1158775361.jpg

post-1296-1158775444.jpg

post-1296-1158775490.jpg

Edited by plus1

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:tsg_smilie_confused: :tsg_smilie_wink: So many clubs - so little time!!!!!

Gold is okay, but mine don't have it and I think they look a little more refined.

Either way, a wonderful set of irons.

I had no idea they were doing the emblem. I actually like it.

FYI these are finished in Cr20 before the satin plating.

plus1 - I think they are very solid compared to irons of the same "undercut" design. A lot of the callaway models come to mind. I personally think they are more solid than the x-tours. To me they are not as solid as blades or some "players" CBs, but don't think you can expect them to be based on the design. That being said, flushed shots do a have a very buttery feel. Off-center hits seem to have a little bit of a click to them, but that doesn't bother me and the results are a lot better than what I would have gotten with with a blade of players CB.

Being the Ho that I am still trying othe irons and have found nothing that comes close to kicking these out of the bag. I'm not sure I will ever find a set that has the combination of feel and forgiveness that these have.

As a mid-capper (13/14), I have finally come to realize (probably knew, but didn't want to admit it) that I am not good enough to play blades or players CBs consistenly well. However, most of the game improvement irons really turned me off; to much off-set, to wide of soles, to big looking and didn't have a really good feel. I don't know if the Type X are considered game improvement, but to me they are pretty close based on forgiveness. What I really like about them:

- Although they have some off-set, they don't seen to have near as much as most of the game imporvement irons. Haven't looked at the specs, but that is how it appears to me.

- Soles are wide, but again doesn't appear to be as wide as a lot of the game improvement irons

- Again, I haven't really measured them, but the Type X look compact compared to others.

- Great feel - center "flushed" hits are about as good as any iron I have hit, off-center hits still feel good, but lets you know that you didn't flush it.

- Spacing of the iron lofts - here is something I have really grown to like. I have 7 irons( 4-PW) where I would normally have 8 (3-PW). That leaves me an option to add a wedge or hybrid depending on where I play.

I am probably getting a little long winded/rambling, which is a result of the passion I have for these irons right now, and will close with a quote from the Pro at my home course after he saw and hit they Type X irons: "These irons inspire confidence" .

Aloha

Randy

P.S. I finally picked up a EPON 460 driver off of B/S/T and hopefully it will be here for my round on Saturday.

Okay, I am not a metals engineer, so what is CR20 and what is the benifit of it being used?

Thanks

Randy

Okay, I am not a metals engineer, so what is CR20 and what is the benifit of it being used?

Thanks

Randy

Ill have to get back to you on that.

EPON is sending me some testing prototypes to mess with.

• 2 weeks later...

I was killing time @ Roger Dunn's and saw a used set of Nike Pro Combo OS irons....noticed a faint similarity in the short irons to the Technica Pro II :tsg_smiley_homer:

Anyhow...like that gold emblem on the Type X-07 irons.

• 3 weeks later...
I was killing time @ Roger Dunn's and saw a used set of Nike Pro Combo OS irons....noticed a faint similarity in the short irons to the Technica Pro II :atsg_logo_anim:

Anyhow...like that gold emblem on the Type X-07 irons.

i dont see the similarity, ill put the two together and check it out for sure since you mentioned it.

Anyway guys, i went from the type J to the type X and now back to the type J, when my game is on, its even more ON when the type J's are in the bag.

This time the black golds are giving the NS1150's a run for the money.

I know the driver is out of this world, but I want to ask those of you playing the 3-wood to comment on how it performs. Is the feel similar to the driver? How is the length and trajectory? Any and all comments are sincerely appreciated. Thanks.

• 5 months later...
I know the driver is out of this world, but I want to ask those of you playing the 3-wood to comment on how it performs. Is the feel similar to the driver? How is the length and trajectory? Any and all comments are sincerely appreciated. Thanks.

Sorry for the late reply. Well its been so long you now have 2 of these woods so I should be asking you this very question.

FYI guys the ferrules are not a guarantee thing. some people get them some dont.

Sorry for the late reply. Well its been so long you now have 2 of these woods so I should be asking you this very question.

FYI guys the ferrules are not a guarantee thing. some people get them some dont.

So true Chris and soon to have a third put on order!! Much love for the Epon fairways and drivers. :tsg_smilie_smile2:

Edited by Blader-X