EPON: The Best Forged Steel ENDO has Ever Produced!

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks for the input guys.

I am very tempted to order a set of these or the beres of you now chris! as my last two sets of CUSTOM irons have turned out a joke. However i have been getting great results from the tour concepts and i was thinking that with the heavier heads that theywill perform odd.

Any recommendations for me?

I play Tour Concept X1 shafts at D-4 in my Bridgestone Z-101 irons and they're the best feeling, most accurate and consistent shafts I've ever hit.

Edited by Texsport

Here's a few pictures of my Epon bag, consisting of "J" irons 3-PW, 52 and 58 degree wedges, 415 driver, and 3 & 5 woods. Putter is a Zomo Z-zero. I rec'd the irons and FW's yesterday and was able to get in 9 holes with them. I'll echo Chris's comments about the irons............they are very nice and I will admit to being smitten immediately by the look and feel. For me, they setup beautifully and performed well. I ordered them 1 degree up and swingweighted D-2/D-3 with the Shimada AC-10 shafts in regular flex. I actually like the "muted" sound/feel of the FW's and hit them well, particularly the 3 wood off the tee on a short par 4. The DREV stiff shafts in the FW's play a little stiffer than the stiff shaft in the driver.

Thanks for sharing. You have my vote for bag of the month!! :tsg_smilie_cool: :tsg_smilie_cool:

Perhaps you could also post this in the "What's in the Bag" section

Chris;

How does the 415 differ with the 460 regarding feel, forgiveness, trajectory, and distance? How does the center of gravity differ? Lower/higher in the 415 or the 460?

Thanks in advance for your reply.

i didnt have much time with the 415, after testing the 460 first i fell in love. I would just assume the 415 feels a tad more solid. The 460 is the sweetest feeling driver to be released in a long time, since the days of foamed bridgestone heads.

Its not just feel-- its the WHOLE package.... I'm about two weeks into playing a 10.5 Technity custom 1 degree open with an Axiv and its the BOMB... its become my gamer... review will follow when I log enough time with this... Folks know I'm not taken to the latest hype, and have played tour issues in about everything out there--- this club is the real deal.... face depth of R5 with a classic pear-shape look of a tourstage with a feel of a TM 510... what a COMBO!!!!!!!

What is the difference between the TSG offered Technica Type J and Technica Pro I listed on Epon's website?

Any benefit ordering from TSG rather than direct from Epon (and saving $200+)?

There is no difference, as Chris stated earlier it's just cosmetic. Something like older pictures used on the website, and now they are called Type-J not Pro I. Unless you live in Japan I'm almost positive you cannot order from Epon directly; also the price doesn't include the tax similar to the VAT. Hope this helps

What is the difference between the TSG offered Technica Type J and Technica Pro I listed on Epon's website?

Any benefit ordering from TSG rather than direct from Epon (and saving $200+)?

I dont understand where you get saving $200+???

The TSG catalog has a lowest price Epon gear anywhere. If you can find somthing lower we will beat it flat out. :atsg_logo_anim:

Not match, Beat!

Initial first time quickie report on the Epon Technica Pro II's, Nippon 1150 S flex. Outstanding solid, sweet feel with quite a bit of forgiveness and very easy to hit all clubs in the set. More details to follow after I've had a chance to put them through their paces a bit more.

The fairway woods are excellent. Other than a slightly different sound they are really up there with any other fairway woods I have played. The shape and setup is perfect if you like smaller and pear shaped and slightly open face angles. My 3 wood measured .5* open and my 5 wood measured 1* open. I like them so much I just ordered a 415 and a 460 driver to try.

Anyone like the wedges or care to give feedback on them? We've heard a lot about the driver and irons. I too, am interested to hear how the wedges stack up for those who've played them.

Initial first time quickie report on the Epon Technica Pro II's, Nippon 1150 S flex. Outstanding solid, sweet feel with quite a bit of forgiveness and very easy to hit all clubs in the set. More details to follow after I've had a chance to put them through their paces a bit more.

...Anxiously awaiting the review!! The ProII's are the frontrunner to be my next set of irons!

:tsg_smilie_money3:

Edited by Albatros

...Anxiously awaiting the review!! The ProII's are the frontrunner to be my next set of irons!

:tsg_smilie_money3:

Sorry, but I like to put several rounds on a set of irons before I post a "real review". Otherwise, they start sounding like a honeymooner describing married life.

Suffice it for now that I'm really enjoying them, they feel great, and I can heartily recommend them

The wedges are very very soft at impact, the loft options are limited at 52 and 58 but can be bent to any profile you wish. Nice heavy feel and they were built to match the type J. head profile i would rate at Medium, not compact yet not large at all.

The new HG wedge is coming in august, I cant wait to try that. The only reason why the Epon wedges are not in the bag is due to the finish. I was never a big fan of wedges that rust.

• 2 weeks later...

hey chris, the type j's are awesome! had them for a few weeks and about 5 rounds, nothing i had before can come close to these.

i was wondering though what is the loft of the PW?