Alright, I am hoping that some of you may be able help me out here. A co-worker and I decided to check out a new sushi place by our office. I ordered a sampler, and one of the items was something called a King Roll. After we finished, I grabbed a take out menu and started reviewing all of the items. As I am reading the descriptions of all their food I notice that the King roll is made up of Eel, tempura, avocado, SPIDER and salmon. SPIDER! Whats up with that! Someone please tell me that this actually refers to some sort of exotic ingredient other than a bug. Needless to say it was very good and I would probably order it again-minus the insect.

Chances are it probably is actually spider. I love having good sushi every once an a while, they can get some pretty different things in there, thigs that you may not have thought of eating before, but they make it taste so good, you almost forget the strange creatures you're actually eating. If you ate it the first time and enjoyed it, spider included, how does knowing that it HAS spider stop you from eating it like that again. Insects are a common snack around the world, and for the most part just taste like any other protien (if they're prepared properly).

If not actual spider, than it's probably Spider Crab.

Edited by Excel