World Cup Heading Back to Europe

Brazil had no desire to fight. France played brilliant football and it showed. Zidane is the Man although Rinaldihno is leagues better. (I was waiting to see it and I never did, dammit)

Ukrane was run over from the first roll of the ball by Italy.

Germany vs Argentina "WHAT A GAME" Germany must thank Argentina for giving them that win.

England vs Portugal, I so hoped England had a WC run in them but the loss of Rooney and Beck'ster leaving 9 guys on the field left them to tired to fire crisp and lively PK's and no chance at effectivly scoring a go ahead goal for the win!

My Prediction.

FINAL

Germany vs Italy => Germany -VS- France <= Portugal vs France

France Wins WC over Germany 1-0

ITALY

Congrats to the 4-time Champions of the World Cup!!!

There is no way they can say that game was fixed.

1152479747.jpg

5770846_18_5.jpg

I vote Captain Fabio Cannavaro as the "World Cup MVP"

France played the better game by far but the execution shown by Italy on the PK's spelled L-O-S-E-R for F-R-A-N-C-E after a 5-3 stomping while facing Fabian Barthez.

Congrats to Zizou for the Winning the "Stupid Ass of the Year" Award. :tsg_smiley_laughatyou:

5771158_36_1.jpg

Zidane headbutting Materazzi square in the chest blew me away, this was his last game ever for Club or Country. In the words of Fred Sanford, "LaMont....You Big Dummy!!!"

To see the now "Infamous" act, click here:France - Italy Highlight Fast Forward to 1:35 of the Video

He just erased all the good he did in his career and guaranteed himself a posthumous mention of a savage headbutt against Italy as long as the WC exists and France is involved.

Head butting Materazzi instead of the ball is not enough for you!!!!! :tsg_smilie_confused:

Great World Cup for Italy!

I guess the USA can be happy knowing they Tied the World Cup Champions with only 8 men.

Edited by DoubleAA

I will say I am not much of a soccer fan, although I did watch some of the World Cup and came away with several observations/questions. Do all these guys take acting classes? I saw a lot of what appeared to be minor collisions result in some amazing writhing. Do all these guys who appear to be so hurt prior to a penalty call have the recuperative powers of professional wrestlers? A lot of amazing recoveries. Shouldn't the World Soccer organization ( FIFA?) be asshamed at the flops these guys take? I certainly would be were this my sport of choice to follow. From my point of observation some of these antics were disgraceful.

Congratulations to the Italians...

I did not want Italy to win. I wanted Germany to win. But when ousted I was with France. To say Zizou loses all credibility and erases everything he's ever done because of that incident is ridiculous. He's the best, always was and always will be.

For him to lose control like that, Materazzi must of have said something very bad, racial or what. We do not know. Materazzi did put on a good show though, just like the whole Italian team did everytime someone touched them. Cannavaro and Buffon were simply amazing. Two great players, I like them.

Great World Cup though, sad Germany didn't win, but great tournament none the less and sad to see it was Zizou's last International tournament.

He's the best, always was and always will be.

Agreed! What are the french to do now!! Henry is no ZIZOU!

Reports were given that several very tasteless comments were made to Zidane about his Mother and sister from Materazzi which spurred the response.

And yes, I am ashamed of all the "Phantom" or "Ghost" fouls that occur during the game, I would love Instant Replay for this but I fear it would ruin the game horribly, I just know that the penalty box was transformed into a pool with all the diving going on, all that was missing were speedo's and a 2 meter board.

• 1 month later...

Zidane was past it, yet still a good player. Thierry is a better player than he is now although its hard to compare them because of their totally different positions.

France were the better team in the final, Italy are cheats. England should of won or Brazil as i believe that England and Brazil have the best individual talent.