V6 twin turbo, aluminum block and heads, intercooled

DOHC four valves per cylinder variable valve timing ( motor done by Cosworth & Nissan )

480hp / 500 lb-ft @ 4500rpm

Redline 8500 rpm

7-Speed sequential w/paddle shift

font engine all wheel drive

Electronic LSD center, rear, front and open differential

Front: double wishbone, coil spring on shock and anti roll bars ( suspension done by Lotus & Nissan )

Rear: Multi link inboard spring, ani roll bar

13.8 " brembo 6 piston rotors

Electronic driving aid: ATESSA-ETS Super Hicas

Wheels 20"x 8.5 forged aluminum in the front 20" 9.5 in the rear

skyline_gtr_proto_1.jpg

skyline_gtr_proto_2.jpg

skyline_gtr_proto_4.jpg

skyline_gtr_proto_5.jpg

skyline_gtr_proto_13.jpg

skyline_gtr_proto_14.jpg

skyline_gtr_proto_31.jpg

expected results:

188mph top speed able to go faster+++

3.0-3.2, 0-60 speed

Quarter Mile 10.9 - 11.2

its very affordable for the amount of technology you get.

Faster than a ferrari, lambo, and 911 turbo for 75k.

Japan release is mid 2007, people are already expecting chaffered frames with full carbon bodys coming in at 1200lbs less weight. Expect 1000+ horsepower after the tuners get a hold of it.

its very affordable for the amount of technology you get.

Faster than a ferrari, lambo, and 911 turbo for 75k.

Japan release is mid 2007, people are already expecting chaffered frames with full carbon bodys coming in at 1200lbs less weight. Expect 1000+ horsepower after the tuners get a hold of it.

The tail lights under the rear spoiler make it look like a Taylor Made R7. I can't see 1000 horsepower bolted to a 1200 pound frame. I'm no engineer but anyone who tries that better consider a real big spoiler - without significant downdraft you'd have liftoff in about 5 seconds.

I prefer something slower, easy on the eyes, with room for lots of clubs s shown in the attachment below.PHOTO_schoolbus.doc

Mack, this GT-R proto is 99% the same car we will see spring 2008. all the other concepts based on the 350Z and G35 were just to catch buzz leading up to the event where they released this car to the public view in tokyo.

I can't see 1000 horsepower bolted to a 1200 pound frame. I'm no engineer but anyone who tries that better consider a real big spoiler - without significant downdraft you'd have liftoff in about 5 seconds.

1200lbs less not total body weight, and thats if its chamfered by the guys at Opera in Yokohama. They even rebuild sheet metal parts with Titanium for even more weight savings. One thing though Opera's Yasuyoshi Yamamoto will not modify the motor after doing this process. Original JDM style is reducing weight and reinforcing frames but leaving motors almost stock.

The 1000hp issue is for the tuner crowd ( U.S style ). I personally agree with the Opera/Virtuoso philosophy, who needs that much power when you can hit 0-60 faster than the 911 turbo, Ferrari, Lambo, Ford GT, Z06 etc..

Don't expect a European ride on this car, its pure performance and aims to take records on tracks in germany's RING like the 1999 GT-R that stomped porche in its own back yard.

Its true Japanese design at its best, The new design Super HICAS four wheel steering system can turn the front and rear wheels in opposite directions at low speeds for maneuvrability. It will be able to send 100% of the torque to the rear wheels in a matter of milliseconds allowing for a 50/50 split when required. Power can also be sent over to just the right or left side when needed as well.

Rumor has it that the steering wheel mounted gearshift paddle could be upgraded to an 8 speed system like the new toyota racing gearbox.

The launch control mode based off of the Magneti Marelli transmission system used by ferrari and aston martin could be used as well but enhanced even further.

They are going nutz 100%, waaay ahead of the curve for this one.