Taylormade R7 Forged Limited Iron w/Pics!

R7 Forged still compete with Lehmans for the bag.

An excellent iron with surprising forgivingness that still allows me to work the ball when I need to. Really nice with my Project X shafts.

I can't see where these can be improved upon outside of Mr. Miura forging them himself.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone reshafted their R7's with Black Gold shafts and if so what kind of swing weights did you get? Did you have to add weights?

Mine came with X-100's, which are perfect for me. Also, mine are extended 1 inch through the bag, which increases the swing weight ( again, perfect for me since I like a heavier feeling club )

Chris--you know how many clubs I've gone through the last 3 years--

After months in the bag with no thoughts or desire

to even attempt to try another iron has to mean something.....

These have it ALL for me :tsg_smiley_streak:

check out these R7 Forged by Miura on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Taylormade-R7-Forged-J...1QQcmdZViewItem

it's a bargain for a rare Miura Forged, somehow I do'nt think it's actually forged by Miura

doe anyone know how to tell

His are not forged by Miura, They are done in Taiwan.

• 3 weeks later...

When it is said that these irons are "limited" does that mean limited to sale only in Japan or TM have only commissioned a limited production run?

If the latter, how many sets are going to be made?

Only been playing mine for a week or so but very impressed thus far. Switching out the PX for a set of TCX1s and think they will improve further as a result.

Thanks,

Milo.

• 2 weeks later...

The PX shafts that the heads came with (and played for about 2 weeks) have been swapped for Tour Concepts and the difference is black and white. The feel and precision is the best I have ever experienced.

Have only played them once so far but they have a good chance of replacing the MP33s in the game bag. Never thought I would say such a thing but that's how good a scoring combination this is. Played 9 in 3 under yesterday in strong wind. Admittedly it was a course I know very well but the clubs still have to perform and I did not put that well. They did exactly what I wanted them to do with no fuss. Very impressed.

I would say these shafts are quite high spin as I really had to step on an 8 iron down wind into a very small landing area and it one-hop-stopped. That was with Srixon AD333.

And I always thought the MP33 2 iron was not only a doddle to hit but also a beast for distance. Well the R7 forged 2 iron with TCs is just silly. I had an iron only bag so I used it 7 times.

yeah, i think these are good sticks. very sweet and playable.

i also have my 5-pw in tour concept stiffs (chrome).

really looks nice. i might sell it soon though so i can try something else.

it's a tough decision for me. i'm not in the single digits so I should really be playing something easier to hit.