EPON 460 any reviews?

Goshinboku

A couple of days ago I received an Epon Technity 460 10.5* fitted with an Axiv V 6074 shaft (as recommended by Tourspecgirl).

I just wanted to say this is by far the best driver head and shaft combination I have ever played.

She worked out a shaft that is absolutely perfect for me just by me giving her my swing speed, carry, etc.,

Also, after sending a PM to Chris, I was persuaded to go for the Epon, as he said that it was just about the best head available.

They were both spot on. I am getting about 10 yards extra carry and 5 yards extra run (even in the wet wintery conditions at the moment) and I cannot wait for the ground to dry out next Spring - I think I will be playing about 2 irons less into the greens at least !!

The feel off of the club is superb and I cannot believe how forgiving it is either (it is really difficult to hit a bad shot!!)

With this shaft, it gives a high, straight and long flight with low spin - what more could you ask for. :tsg_smilie_smile:

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A couple of days ago I received an Epon Technity 460 10.5* fitted with an Axiv V 6074 shaft (as recommended by Tourspecgirl).

I just wanted to say this is by far the best driver head and shaft combination I have ever played.

She worked out a shaft that is absolutely perfect for me just by me giving her my swing speed, carry, etc.,

Also, after sending a PM to Chris, I was persuaded to go for the Epon, as he said that it was just about the best head available.

They were both spot on. I am getting about 10 yards extra carry and 5 yards extra run (even in the wet wintery conditions at the moment) and I cannot wait for the ground to dry out next Spring - I think I will be playing about 2 irons less into the greens at least !!

The feel off of the club is superb and I cannot believe how forgiving it is either (it is really difficult to hit a bad shot!!)

With this shaft, it gives a high, straight and long flight with low spin - what more could you ask for. :tsg_smilie_smile:

I agree entirely, any TSG'er wanting to buy a new driver/shaft combination should seek out Tourspecgirls recommendations for which Axiv shaft suits your individual swing characteristics, her advice is superb and lets face it we are not talking peanuts for this type of equipment so getting the correct advice is worth a fortune IMO.

Bingo!!

I absolutely love my Epon 460, and Tourspecgirl gave me solid shaft advice based on my honestly reported swing characteristics. It's head and shoulders above any other driver I've ever had.

Put the Epon in action for the first time today. It was finally shafted up with an Axiv 6060L and... it feels like no other driver. The feel is almost described as soft. It's like the Epon head absorbs the ball on impact and then shoots it back out with all that energy. Straight as an arrow and awesome ball speed... it is the best driver ever.

I left the Epon at my clubmaker's for a 14 year old amateur girl to practice till next Wednesday. Before I left I let several teaching pros try the club and they all marveled over it's looks and feel. A few of them proclaimed after one shot that they wanted one. Even my clubmaker who hits everything said he's never felt anything like it before. Hopefully the amateur I left it with will give me some good feedback next week before she heads down to Arizona for training, I also left her my G-Field 4 wood and utility.

Put the Epon in action for the first time today. It was finally shafted up with an Axiv 6060L and... it feels like no other driver. The feel is almost described as soft. It's like the Epon head absorbs the ball on impact and then shoots it back out with all that energy. Straight as an arrow and awesome ball speed... it is the best driver ever.

I left the Epon at my clubmaker's for a 14 year old amateur girl to practice till next Wednesday. Before I left I let several teaching pros try the club and they all marveled over it's looks and feel. A few of them proclaimed after one shot that they wanted one. Even my clubmaker who hits everything said he's never felt anything like it before. Hopefully the amateur I left it with will give me some good feedback next week before she heads down to Arizona for training, I also left her my G-Field 4 wood and utility.

OT OT WARNING :tsg_smiley_hula:

Just curious.....

Is it your daughter in your avatar ?

Hmmmm.... its the recent converts that always sing loudest in church on Sunday... :tsg_smilie_money3: Just kidding- this combo ROCKS for many, particularly swings in the 105-110 SS range.

No kids yet... just a wife. :tsg_smilie_cool:

Is that your wife - she looks VERY young - may I ask how old she is :tsg_smiley_embarrassed:

Played golf today with a guy I guessed to be in his late 20's - no kidding, he then tells me that he is 46 yars old :tsg_smilie_confused:

People tell me I'm a good looker and looks young for my age, but sometimes you meet a person that looks ridiculously young for his/her age :tsg_smiley_yes: