Thank you Chris for the little window link to remembering 9-11. I know this website is international but this was a tragic event which affected many and the wounds I don't think have yet healed to this day.

My feelings go out to all who were affected either indirectly, or directly, those who lost friends and family.

I'll never forget that day. I was home getting ready to drop the kids off at school and preparing to play a golf tournament later in the morning. My wife called me from work and only said, "turn on the TV." I knew it was something horrific. I know my life changed forever that day. It was so surreal and so vivid.

Let us never forget, and let us live life to the fullest.

Thank you Chris for the little window link to remembering 9-11. I know this website is international but this was a tragic event which affected many and the wounds I don't think have yet healed to this day.

My feelings go out to all who were affected either indirectly, or directly, those who lost friends and family.

I'll never forget that day. I was home getting ready to drop the kids off at school and preparing to play a golf tournament later in the morning. My wife called me from work and only said, "turn on the TV." I knew it was something horrific. I know my life changed forever that day. It was so surreal and so vivid.

Let us never forget, and let us live life to the fullest.

Hey no problem, its a subject that needs our reflection and I dont think its possible to forget even if we try. I still remember where I was that day and how I found out. I woke up to a phone call from my mother telling me we are at war and to turn on the tv, watching the towers go down in real time was strange almost like a movie and i kept thinking this cant be for real, I had to go to work that day and remember no customers or phone calls, our boss let us watch the news. It was very quiet and many of us just didnt know how to react or what to think.

If others would like to share where they were or how they found out please do so.

I was in 1st appearance court (working), in tampa. Public defender got a phone call, whispered to me and the State Attorney that a plane had crashed in the World Trade Center. We all thought it was an accident until he got another phone call for the 2nd plane. The rest of the day was crazy. President Bush was in the tampa area at that school and i was working at a government building so security was stepped up a little bit to say the least. We had snipers on top of the courthouse and we were told they were on top of most of the buildings in downtown tampa. Some people understandably left for the day out of fear but most people stayed. We all thought Tampa might be a target with the President in town but with MacDill AFB in tampa, we felt fairly secure. Its crazy how much i can remember about that day. I remember bailiff, courtreporter, SA, PD just like it was yesterday.

• 2 weeks later...

Very tragic day indeed. It doesn't hit home for me as I didn't lose anyone that day. But I remember that day. The day the United States came under attack. Very tragic. There were Canadians lost in the event. My prayers are out to everyone who has had to live the last 5 years without a father, or husband or wife, or friend or mother or anyone else.