Let down once again by delayed coverage...

So last night I check to see what time the Ryder Cup will be coming on. 8am eastern standard time, no mention of the pacific standard time which I reside in. So I do the math. That's 5am my time. Beautiful, great. Go to bed, wake up, turn on the TV, and NO DAMN RYDER CUP!! So I check my TV, turns out it won't be until 8am my time as well. So now I'm fuming!! I'm all geeked up to watch the Ryder Cup and I can't even watch it in real time? I've got to watched delayed coverage. As I'm writing this, the Europeans are up 5-3, their day is over, and on my TV (which is turned off now, I'll get to that in a minute.) the players are barely making the turn in the first matches!!

HEY TV PEOPLE. I WANT THE RYDER CUP LIVE!!! I don't care if I have to wake up early or stay up all night. This event happens every two years, is huge and I don't want to watch delayed coverage! Period!!

But check this out. It gets better. So I turn on again at 8am. The sound is off!! What do I mean? As the players complete their backswing, you hear a ball being struck. For 20 minutes its like watching those badly dubbed movies where the sound doesn't match the action. Then, they go to interview Rossoforte as he's talking about Brett Wetterich and the sound cuts off after every third word. So, by the end of the interview in which he's given all kinds of background about a virtual unknown rookie we know less now than what we started with because you couldn't even understand what the he)) he's saying. Then later on, one of the announcers is talking about the matches and states "this Walker Cup". Excuse me??!! Walker Cup?? IT'S THE FREAKIN' RYDER CUP YOU JACK A$$!! It's only the most hyped up event in men's professional golf. Walker Cup?? That's an amateur event and hardly anyone outside of golf has heard about that. They may even be some golfers who haven't heard of the Walker Cup. How does on confuse the two..

Way to go USA Network. You should an emmy for this coverage. I sure hope everyone else had better coverage than I. I just had to turn it off. To top it off, the announcers, Johnny Miller included sounded like they're at a funeral. Such somber and reserved tones. Its like the Americans had lost already and its only day 1. I hate that doom and gloom attitude.

Sorry to dump this on all you fine TSG'ers but I had to vent. Thanks for listening and feel free to chime in. :tsg_smiley_crazy::atsg_smilie_srixon::tsg_smilie_mad::tsg_smilie_mad::tsg_smilie_mad::tsg_smiley_puke::tsg_smilie_yuk:

I agree 100%, thanks for the :ntsg_smilie_bulls**t: coverage NBC, your ontime delivery of such a special event is being butchered simply because you cannot handle to competition posed by the internet, what did you expect when the Cup began on Friday and most of your viewership is at WORK!!! Same goes for Saturday, is not everyone entitled to follow along no matter the means by which it is done!

It is quite pathetic to say the least. Why do we subscribe to cable TV and by the most expensive HD tv's, to watch what we want when we want. Is it that impossible for you to figure out!!!!

The TV networks could not handle the fact that online participation was greater than the cable TV viewing.

It was high due to the fact "IT WAS REAL TIME AND NO DELAYS AS IT SHOULD BE!!!! :atsg_smilie_srixon:

Thank You NBC for making a train wreck out of our passion.

Good Advice to NBC, ABC, CBS.

When the Golf Channel takes over the broadcast rights to the PGA, LPGA, Nationwide, and Champions Tour, please make sure you are there to pay attention and take notes as to how Golf should be brought to the World, it will shock you that it is LIVE, REALTIME, & UNDELAYED. WOW, what an idea!!