OZIK by Matrix ( TP-7, Code 6, Altus, and more! )

TourSpecGolfer

i just shafted up the tp7 r flex and an altus s flex - gonna see how they go, so far for me im really struggling between the epon/v spec combo or the 510 tp / 6064 combo.....

As a side note i have noticed that the oiks feel much much weaker to flex than their dispersion allows for - that being the cae they are no tighter than the oziks as of yet.

PS - a combo i must must must try is the 420 epon with the axiv! i think the 420 is gonna be the ticket - perfect headsize!

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

launch monitor tests are scheduled in 2 weeks against other top shafts on the market.

As of now my playing impressions are that the code 6 is a very solid offering with great feel and some good kick. Im playing a tipped R flex but im sure i could get along good with the firm flex. The TP-7 is nice but shorter than the code 6 yet in the same flex. what i have not done is put these up against axivs, drev's, fuji's, and diamana's yet.

I will though very soon, just letting you guys know there is some truth in bighitters song of praise.

Thanks Chris for your results as always.

What kind of ball flight are you getting with the Code 6? And how about spin?

Nice and high trajectory, i would guess about 25 ft up into the air and closing in on 6 secs of hang time. the feel is very nice and goes superb with the epon head, soft + silky = Yum! the spin off the vector is reading just above 3500 which needs to come down a bit, i blame that on my swing not the shaft.

more opinions to come before we get it on against the others.

launch monitor tests are scheduled in 2 weeks against other top shafts on the market.

As of now my playing impressions are that the code 6 is a very solid offering with great feel and some good kick. Im playing a tipped R flex but im sure i could get along good with the firm flex. The TP-7 is nice but shorter than the code 6 yet in the same flex. what i have not done is put these up against axivs, drev's, fuji's, and diamana's yet.

I will though very soon, just letting you guys know there is some truth in bighitters song of praise.

Chris

Can't wait to see the results. I have a TP7 and the Axiv I bought from you albeit in different heads. The TP7 is a great shaft but it's strength lies in it's smoothness and accuracy IMHO, I do not think it is the longest shaft on the market. To get the best results with it you have to avoid the temptation in thinking that it feels too soft and going up in flex. I started life as an X flex and have worked back to a stiff for 110 ss and for info there is almost no CPM differece between stiff and strong but loads between strong and X stiff.

I think the redboard or Axiv will come out just as long, but TP7 is easier to load and straighter but at a lot more $$. Since most guys buy them looking for extra yardage, I think your test will be very revealing!

Chris, when my Code-6 arrives this week, based on it's chracteristics and your experience which head do you think it might work best with?

I currently have ready to be re-shafted:

Nike Ignite+ DFI 460 10.5*

Bridgestone J33R 460 10.5*

Srixon W-505 10.5*

TaylorMade R7 425 11.5*

Of course I could always try the shaft in all of them! :tsg_smilie_cool:

Chris, when my Code-6 arrives this week, based on it's chracteristics and your experience which head do you think it might work best with?

I currently have ready to be re-shafted:

Nike Ignite+ DFI 460 10.5*

Bridgestone J33R 460 10.5*

Srixon W-505 10.5*

TaylorMade R7 425 11.5*

Of course I could always try the shaft in all of them! :tsg_smilie_cool:

I really cant say, i mean the only thing to do imo is try it and see how it works with your swing. I like the EPON 460 over any driver on the market today. I do have some demo heads that are used sitting around if your interested, 9.5 w/ .5 closed face angle.

I think I will try it in the DFI first since that's the club I've been playing, that way I'll be able to see how the shaft has changed my flight compared to the Pro Launch Blue that was in there. I don't like the way the PL Blue feels though, boardy and no feel in my opinion. I don't think the Code-6 will be like that.! :tsg_smilie_cool:

i just shafted up the tp7 r flex and an altus s flex - gonna see how they go, so far for me im really struggling between the epon/v spec combo or the 510 tp / 6064 combo.....

As a side note i have noticed that the oiks feel much much weaker to flex than their dispersion allows for - that being the cae they are no tighter than the oziks as of yet.

PS - a combo i must must must try is the 420 epon with the axiv! i think the 420 is gonna be the ticket - perfect headsize!

Plus1, just out of curiosity, have you shafted up an Epon with one of these Ozik shafts? If so, how does it compare with an Epon/Axiv-V combo?

Well my code-6 arrived yesterday... I just need to figure out which driver to put it in. Looks awesome... It's so.... red. I could put it on display. :tsg_smilie_cool:

279441301_103686504f.jpg

279441285_2053943103.jpg

279441295_94c6cef7c2.jpg

Edited by gocchin

Chris,

Are the Matrix shafts on offer thru you guys now??

Regards.

Im down to three choices, the Axiv, Diamana white, or a Code 6.

Yes we have all Oziks available and in stock.

I really like the Ozik line guys. I have a FT-3 Tour shafted with the Code 6 (X) and a 425TP shafted with Altus (X) and they are both clearly superior to any shaft in the Fuji line or the Axis as well. I have the Axis/905R combo and that shaft has middle of the road feel at best. Playing charaterisitcs are nice however; but to say that shaft is superior to any of the Ozik line is crazy talk. Not as long either and I recently played and tested all of the above. I have not however played any of the Axiv line. Seems to be a fan favorite.

I really like the Ozik line guys. I have a FT-3 Tour shafted with the Code 6 (X) and a 425TP shafted with Altus (X) and they are both clearly superior to any shaft in the Fuji line or the Axis as well. I have the Axis/905R combo and that shaft has middle of the road feel at best. Playing charaterisitcs are nice however; but to say that shaft is superior to any of the Ozik line is crazy talk. Not as long either and I recently played and tested all of the above. I have not however played any of the Axiv line. Seems to be a fan favorite.

I have a TP-7 (HiBore) and an Axis (G5) and I’ll tell you that I’d rather have the Axis every day of the week and on a month of Sundays. Nothing to do with the money, it’s just a better shaft for me. Loads smoothly, appreciably longer than the Ozik, and nearly as accurate. It’s a no brainer for me. In fact, I know of at least two other people who went to the TP-7 and de-adopted it due to distance drop offs.

I’m not dumping on the Ozik shafts. I, for example, believe Chris when he talks about great results from the Code 6. Shoot, I’ll probably try it before long. But the notion that the Ozik is clearly superior to True Temper’s absolute top of the line is just that: a notion.

I can't actually comment on the TP-7 but I firmly stand behind my feelings regarding the Altus and the Code 6; for my game both are superior to the Axis. I really like the Axis however, maybe we are threading hairs here a bit. Let's agree to disagree. How's this, I think we can all agree that these highend offerings are way to expensive.

Edited by BigBen

I can't actually comment on the TP-7 but I firmly stand behind my feelings regarding the Altus and the Code 6; for my game both are superior to the Axis. I really like the Axis however, maybe we are threading hairs here a bit. Let's agree to disagree. How's this, I think we can all agree that these highend offerings are way way expensive.

:tsg_smilie_cool:

i'm very interested as well....Have a AXIV 6568 in a TM425 and considering one of the Oziks. I've only just received the AXIV .....

Let us know how that axiv performs in your 425. I'll be putting the Code 6 in my R7 425. :tsg_smilie_cool:

That Axiv 6568 is gonna be hard to beat.. REAL HARD

If there is a shaft that does---I want it

The Graman "Limey" shafts are very impressive also

Edited by madball