Tourstage V300 Irons

MooN

Hello all...

I'm curious to see if anyone can provide some input on these clubs. I can't find any reviews on the web, other than "they are easy to hit". This is for the V300, not the V3000.

img10113756072.jpeg

Are these clubs for total noobies or are they more comparable to say... ts-202's/type X's?

BTW, great forum! Been lurking for a bit now, picking up some good info.

A set just sold on ebay and I was tempted to get them to try.

Still used by Japanese Tourstage Pro Mogi Hiromi.

She has said that the thicker topline and are larger heel to toe like the TS-202 give her more confidence. Just as soft as all Tourstage offerings. The appear to have less offset than the TS-202's so in no way I'd say they're for noobs.

You can see them in her bag here:

http://www.golfdigest.co.jp/news/pro_gear/lpga/h_mogi.asp

Hello all...

I'm curious to see if anyone can provide some input on these clubs. I can't find any reviews on the web, other than "they are easy to hit". This is for the V300, not the V3000.

img10113756072.jpeg

Are these clubs for total noobies or are they more comparable to say... ts-202's/type X's?

BTW, great forum! Been lurking for a bit now, picking up some good info.

Dammit those are beautiful.

Thanks for the info gocchin.

I tried Googling V300, and everything is in Thai, Japanese and Korean. I wish I could read Japanese.... I could only interpret tidbits with my limited Korean.

Here's what I've gathered so far from Korean sites (with the help of an interpreter).

The V300 was the most popular model in 2005, and is still popular today. It could be considered a revision of the TS-202, all the "flaws" from the TS-202 were resolved in the V300. Some even say it's easier to hit as well.

I don't know how true all of it is, but I just wanted to post just in case others were looking into the V300 as well. :tsg_smilie_smile:

You can always try the Babel Fish translator from Altavista. It works lightning fast and is great when translating back to english.

Yea, I saw those V301's while researching the V300's. They look real nice!

Anyhow, I just received my V300's in the mail the other day. Tried it out at the range and they feel sweeeeet. I'm hitting about 10 yards further which I'm really happy about. I'll try going to the range with my buddy who has a set of TS-202's so that I can compare. I'm not really good enough to tell a difference, but I'm sure my friend could provide better feedback.

• 2 weeks later...

Info for the V300 Tourstage.

It is one of the most popular iron Tourstage ever made. It is very very easy to hit and very long because of the loft they use in each iron. They only made it very short period, but many people still sought after. Very soft feel. I owned 4-pw love it. but in short iron could be better

here is the specs

Iron #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 PW

Loft 20.0 23.0 26.0 29.0 32.0 36.0 40.0 45.0

Shaft NS PRO 950GH

lenght 38.75 38.25 37.75 37.25 36.75 36.25 35.75 35.25

Weight 388 394 401 408 416 423 432 441

Swing weight D0

http://www.bs-sports.co.jp/sokuho03/g0708_...08_v300_04.html

FYI V300 is forged iron while V301 is titanium face iron, totally different feel. V300 feels like a good forged iron with soft solid feel, while V301 feels not as good for me. V301 has high pitch sound at impact while V300 has a lower pitch sound similar to Mizuno forged club. Overall, both clubs are easy to hit good distance and accuracy. V300 will have higher value in second hand market than V301 because people just love them. If you can find a good used club, it will be a bargain.

Like all forged irons, make sure you put head cover on all of them at all times (except when you are using it) because it is very soft and easily dented.