honma fe 700 irons

COBO

I bought this irons and i don´t know if they are forged or cast (I suppost forged), and i need help to know something about the model.

Do you know the kind of steel they are made?

Do you know if they are nickel chrome plated?

thanks for yours opinions (my first topic)

post-8858-1163420069.jpg

post-8858-1163420104.jpg

post-8858-1163420130.jpg

post-8858-1163420160.jpg

I bought this irons and i don´t know if they are forged or cast (I suppost forged), and i need help to know something about the model.

Do you know the kind of steel they are made?

Do you know if they are nickel chrome plated?

thanks for yours opinions (my first topic)

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!1

The Honma FE Series was introduced way back in 1981 and there were 400 500 600 and 700 models. Apparently most Honma irons are cast not forged, but maybe Chris can confirm this. From Honma:

"Honma uses Japanese SC-44 steel, softer than the U.S. variety, to cast its irons, increasing feel. Each cast head is scored with grooves and dipped in nickel, copper and chrome."

"Every Honma iron head is individually cast using the wax loss method. If not familiar with this procedure, please read the following brief summary of the process.

A wax replica of the iron head is bathed in a mixture of ceramic and sand, and then put on a rack to dry and form the ceramic mold. The rack is then placed into an oven to melt the wax from within, and harden the mold. After cooling, the molds are ready for pouring. Honma pours a mild steel formula to produce the head.

After the head has set up and completely cooled, the ceramic mold is broken, revealing the rough head which is then put through many stages of grinding and polishing. Honma stamps "V" grooves into the heads before they are mechanically emerged into large vats of nickel, copper, and chrome respectively. This coating process gives the heads the satin finish, and precedes the final phases of inspection and painting. Finally, the finished iron head receives the Signature "mole in the hole" cloisonné trademark, signifying the completion of a process consisting of over 150 steps in the creation of each Honma iron head."